Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

FAO Wannababy

Hey, was just wondering how you knew Lizzie was ready to drop bottles?? Sara's been on 3 meals a day for a couple of weeks now and doing really well, but today she started crying each time I went to feed her (she didn't nap too well and had jabs so all in all not a great day!) but I'm wondering whether she's ready to drop one??

Thanks hun, sorry to put you on the spot with a FOA!

Liz x

Replies

• Options
    Hi. i dont mind being put on the spot,lol- ill pay you back one day image
    Lizzies bottles were all 7oz bottles. she still has bottle on its own in morning as she refuses breakfast! anyway she was having a 7oz bottle at 11am, i upped the morning bottle to 8oz and got lizzie to 11:30 without her screaming then i would give her some veg puree (only a little increasing it every few days) to start with she would eat the puree and then have her bottle and drink it all, then as i increased the food she dropped to only having 4oz of the bottle then when i added fruit puree after the veg she refused the bottle other than a couple of sips, so after a couple of days i stopped giving it to her.
    she then still has a 8oz bottle at 2:30ish and then she was having a bottle at dinner time and i done same with this as i did with the lunch time one (altho i know 11:30 is early for lunch it works well for us)
    after this she falls asleep abpout 7ish and then i give her a last 8oz bottle when i go to bed-sometimes 9 but if not she sleeps fine til i wkae to give it to her at 10,lol.
    i know i could possibliy give her a last bottle abpout 7:30 and she would sleep but as shes in a good routine at the moment im leaving it-as the saying goes, if it isnt broke dont fix it!

so sorry about the epic but bascially i offered her the food first and let her take whatever milk she wanted afterwards until she gradually didnt want the milk.