Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone ache?

I don't know if it's just me being very unfit, therefore my muscles have never really had a good workout! I'm aching in loads of places. My back from walking lo around especially at night to settle him. My left shoulder and arm, because that's the side I feel more comfortable holding him on. My knees from kneeling to change his nappys. Oh and from when I pick him up under his arms, my left thumb has a pinging sensation now and again. Can see it not bending smoothly. Is it just me?? xx

Replies

• Options
    No its not just you mithical - I was very fit before I got pregnant as I had just been training to run the marathon and I still ache everywhere as well. Your joints and ligaments are still softer from the pregnancy hormones and it will take a long time for them to return to full strength, thats why they say wait at least 6 weeks for light exercise and and I think like 3 or 4 months for more strenuous exercise like running. I have problems with my knees and back - it doesn't help that I am still carrying a lot of pregnancy weight but I'm sure we'll get there in the end, at the moment my body feels about 100 years old!
  • Options
    yep,

back ache from the sling he loves to be in, in the day, leg ache from all the walking around and usually a headache from lack of sleep!!
  • Options
    I ache all over!! I think I have delayed SPD!! Everytime I walk anywhere my pelvis aches, I end up walking like John Wayne!!

Joanna x