Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

She rolled from back to front

I am so proud of Eva. She finally rolled completely from her back to her front yesterday, without her arm getting in the way and stopping her. And hubby and I were both there to witness it too, it's the first 'first' that we've witnessed together so we were very proud of our little girl.

Although, the downside is that she woke up crying at 8am this morning because she had rolled over in her cot and couldn't get back again. I'll have to try and find a solution for that though.

Vickie and a very clever Eva x

Replies

• Options
    Well done Eva! There must have been something in the air because Cam mastered this yesterday afternoon too!!! He used to roll front to side or side to front but never the whole roll. Very proud mummy!! xxx
  • Options
    Well done Eva and Cam!!!!

You could try placing two rolled up towels or moses basket blankets either side or buy one of those reflux wedges/positioners like 2 pieces of sponge you velcro either side this used to stop Alyssa til she started wriggling up or down out of it then rolling!!!!

xxx

[Modified by: Mrs P on June 24, 2010 12:35 PM]

• Options
    well done babies and congrates to the proud mummys!!

i found lizzie soon got use to rolling and then if she donme it at night she will happily stay there and sleep now x
  • Options
    well done we are still waiting and he is 6 months next week lazy boy!
  • Options
    Cam is a lazy boy too - he mastered it yesterday at exactly 24 weeks!! x
  • Options
    Amber started this last week and has learnt not to roll at home in her cot, as she gets her arms stuck in the bars, but we're staying with my Mum this week and in the travel cot I found her fast asleep last night on her front! She slept till 5am like it!
  • Options
    Yay.

James did it once, but his arm gets in his way now. He also sleeps on his side during naps sometimes, but not in his crib for some reason. xx