Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

how many oz and bottles are

our babies on?

layla is 6wks 2mor and is on 5oz bottle every 4hr and still has a nite bottle

im just worried that she on 2 many oz for agae?

sarah,samuel and layla 5.6wks old x x x

Replies

• Options
    Hi there,

I think every baby is different and my boy isn't quite 4weeks old yet and he is also on 5oz bottles, sometimes less than 4hourly, so don't worry!

Rosalie and Flynn (26days)
  • Options
    Hiya - Csm is 6 + 1 now and is mix fed but more and more formula now. We weighed him on our home scales last night as his 6 week check isnt until next week and he was 12lb 4oz. Apparently babies should have roughly 2.5 times their weight in formula everyday. So for Cam that would be approx 30 oz a day. I started trying to get him into a new routine yesterday which is based around 5 main feeds (where i give him 5oz or a boob) and then he's having either a short bf (5-10 inis) or a small 1-2 oz bottle inbetween as he still likes to eat regularly and is a hungry baby. I think that at this age you should still give as much food to the baby as he wants - if he's full he'll not feed so i wouldn't worry image xxx
  • Options
    I dont like the guildlines on the box of fomula. Lizzie is 11lb 9.5oz and i make 5oz bottles where she takes just over 4oz of them about 6 times a day. she is starting to take a little bit more but she is putting on weight at a steady rate so im happy with that.
    each baby is different, my DD1 would feed 6/7oz every 4 hours at the same age as she was a hungry baby x
  • Options
    Hi Sarah

Welcome back - I hope everything is well with you.

Emilia is on the same as Layla, 5oz every 4 hours and she will be 7 weeks tomorrow. Emilia is just under 9lbs.

joanna
  • Options
    hello

jacob is exactly the same, hoping at 5 oz he would drop a bottle but no such luck!

becca and jacob
    7 weeks