Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

sleeping arrangements?

Hi I was just wondering who still had their baby in the bedroom with them? Lizzie is still in her crib in our room although her nursery has been ready since before she was born! I really should move her into her room. Did everyone find their LO's slept better in their own room? I just think Lizzie will have more room in her cot as at the moment she keeps getting her foot inbetween the bars of the crib!

Replies

• Options
    i am a firm believer that babies sleep better in their own room and it has made the world of difference with both my children.
    my son was in his own room at 3 months and we put jasmine in hers at 6 weeks as we just woke each other up all night long.she was in the moses basket inside the cot at first and is now in the cot - she loves it! she has slept a dream ever since and i find it much more relaxing without her there as i know she is right next door and perfectly safe. she has most naps in her room as well and im sure she sleeps better like that.
    Go for it hun!!!xxxx
  • Options
    We finally moved Emilie out of our room last week at 13 weeks, she seems to like having more room in her cot than in the moses basket and for the last two nights she's actually slept through to 6.30am! Note sure if it's related but I'm really happy. I still keep the baby monitor next to our bed even though she's in the next room and I could still probably hear everything anyway! x
  • Options
    we moved jacob into his own room at about 8 weeks, he was outgrowing the moses basket and the cotbed doesnt fit in our room! we started off with the basket in the cot and about a week later he was just in the cot, he was so much more settled and slept way better, so did i too!

he loves to wriggle up the cot in the night and often find him up the top in the morning or sideways image
  • Options
    Sara's been in her own room since about 7weeks, we just woke each other up all the time and I ended up shattered...since moving her things have improved dramatically, she loves her cot, I put her in it for day sleeps since she was born so she just went straight into it at night at 7 weeks.

Its lovely having the nursery done up and using it properly. We do have one logistical issue though the bath is in our en suite and so we have all of Sara's changing stuff upstairs but she's downstairs (her ensuite is a shower...bit small for that at the moment!) so we end up running up and down stairs just to do nappies! - what do you all do? Have you got a couple of changing mats etc? Or do you all just run up and down stairs all day like me?! Good little work out though!

Liz x
  • Options
    We moved Alyssa at about 9 weeks best thing we ever did we all sleep so much better!!

xx
  • Options
    Emilia is still in with us although i wish she wasn't We only have one bedroom, and I am really missing being able to use my room!!!!

Joanna x
  • Options
    Arthur is in his cot next to our bed, though im thinking after reading this I might move him. He is such a loud sleeper im awake even when he is sleeping. Sounds like a good plan! xx
  • Options
    thank you.
    i have spoken to huuby and we are going to mobve her at the weekend as hubby is home at weekends so it wont matter if she wakes as he doesnt have work followiong day.
    in regards to changing nappies. i bring a nappy bag downstairs with nappies, wipes and bags in for the day and we have a changing mat downstairs which we put down side of sofa when we are not using it.
  • Options
    Cameron is in his cot in our room luckily there is enough room for it although my chest of drawers with all my clothes had to be moved into the nursery!

I want to keep him in room as long as possible I am just not ready yet to let my baby move yet but that could be down to the way I am feeling these days
  • Options
    aw thumper, i was justing thinking about you. I hope you are ok hun. Have you spoken to hv? sending you big hugs and hoping you are feeling back to your old self very soon x
  • Options
    Aww thanks for thinking about me

Saw health visitor on Monday she wants me to get out and do loads seeing doctor tomorrow so will see what she says. Am feeling a little better this week not as low but there is still something there
  • Options
    i go up to the nursery to change LO in the day, keeps me fit image
  • Options
    Elysia is still in with us at 10 weeks. SHe's still in her moses basket too but I'm going to have to move her to the cot bed pretty soon as she sleeps with her arms above her head and she's now touching the top of the moses basket!! I;m undecided though whther to move her cot bed into our room, or to move her into the nursery. I don't feel ready to move her out yet, and I'm breast feeding so it's so easy to scoop her up, bf in my bed, then pop her back down again. But others have said it might confuse her if I move the cot into my room then move her again to the nursery in a few months: too much change. So not sure what to do really.
  • Options
    Mabel is in a crib in our room and I'm not planning on moving her into her own room until 6 months. She has her daytime naps in a cotbed in her room though.
    I also run up and down the stairs all day to the nursery to change her!

B x
  • Options
    Elysia is still in with us at 10 weeks. SHe's still in her moses basket too but I'm going to have to move her to the cot bed pretty soon as she sleeps with her arms above her head and she's now touching the top of the moses basket!! I;m undecided though whther to move her cot bed into our room, or to move her into the nursery. I don't feel ready to move her out yet, and I'm breast feeding so it's so easy to scoop her up, bf in my bed, then pop her back down again. But others have said it might confuse her if I move the cot into my room then move her again to the nursery in a few months: too much change. So not sure what to do really.

hello my lovely

it might be worth bringing the cotbed into your room and putting the basket in the cot so she is use to the new surroundings ie the bars, it is advised to have LO with you until 6 months and if it working for you i'd stick with it image
  • Options
    Florence had her first night in her cot last night! We were so excited, it's her first real rite of passage I suppose! We had her in the moses basket sleeping on one of the foam wedges so have kept her on the wedge but now in the cot. Tried to put her down for a nap this morning without the wedge but she screamed and screamed! So not ready to get rid of that just yet.

She loves the cot so far, she gets really excited as there is lots of room and the mobile can turn properly whereas it was static in the moses basket.

So she's still in with us, she's still waking up twice in the night for milk so as I'm BF it's so easy to get to her. We do have a room for the nursery but it's a study/junk room at the mo and needs decorating and we both can't be bothered to sort it out just yet! Will probably keep her in with us until she's 6 months as she's quite a good sleeper inbetween feeds.

Speaking of the LO, she's just woken up from her nap! Fay x
  • Options
    Sasha is now 13 weeks and still in with us. She is in a baby hammock and will be in with us till 6 months - her room isn't ready yet anyway.
  • Options
    Hi

Dylan has been in his own room since he was 5 days old (he only slept in our bedroom for two nights). I was actually advised to move him by my midwife as the smell of my milk was keeping him awake constantly. He is also a very noisy baby and is always groaning and mumbling. He slept in his moses basket inside the cot for the first 8 weeks and is now in the cot, he doesn't have daytime naps in the cot though as I seem to be constantly out and about at the minute.

Kay and Dylan 12 weeks 6 days
  • Options
    alex is 13 weeks and still in with us next to our bed in a swinging cot.
    he's an awful sleeper during the day...infact doesn't sleep really and cries all day becasue he's tried but after bath/bottle at 6pm he'll usually settle for at least 4 hours (some nights 9hours). on the one hand i do think we disturb him when we're in there and he definately disturbs us with his noisy sleeping but I am so scared to put him in his own room incase we loose that 4 hours+ that he doesn sleep (does that make sense) I suppose we could move him for a night and see how it goes but then if he doesn't sleep I'll have nothing to look forward too lol
  • Options
    Lyvi is 17 weeks and still in our room. I have no plans to move her out any time soon. She sleeps in her crib at night and naps downstairs in her moses basket in the day. I am thinking of napping her upstairs though so there is less noise - sometimes the dogs wake her up and I think it'd be better for her to sleep in her crib in the day. But I've never used the baby monitor so am a bit nervous!

I plan to keep her in our room until around 1. Because she's so small I think she'll be in her crib for a long time yet. Otherwise we'll probably move the cotbed in, depending on when she outgrows the crib.

Her nursery has also been ready since before she was born but I just don't feel ready to move her yet and they advise them being in with you for at least the first 6 months anyway.

I think we're really lucky because she sleeps really well at night. Most days she wakes up around 6am and chatters to herself for almost an hour which does wake us up but we don't mind :\)

Love NN and Olyvia xxx