Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Sippy cups

Hi Girls,

Which ones are you using??

I have bought 2 Tommee Tippee ones, one with a valve, one without.

The one with the valve James just puts it in, then pings it off his gums. :roll:

The one without we have only tried once, but I tipped it slightly, he got water swallowed 3 times, then made a funny face! :lol: Plus he dribbled half of it back out!

So if he can get the hang of the one with the valve, we could use that for water. But with the worry of a valve causing teeth problems, he needs to master another cup.

So what do you use, and how are lo's doing with them? Did it take them long to get used to them?

Thanks lovelies. xx

Replies

• Options
    emmy sucks at sippy cups and just wants a proper one but unfortunately they cover her whole face so you end up pouring most of the drink n her lol

i've ordered her a doidy cup off ebay though after seeing a [ic of livvy with one and i'm hoping that will work xxx
  • Options
    We have the TT without the valve, but admittedly, I haven't tried Poppy with it yet. I also read about the valves not being so good, and was advised the same by HV. I'm also thinking about getting her a doidy cup once we've tried her with the TT one. Sorry, doesn't really answer your question, does it?!xx
  • Options
    we bought a mam one yesterday which jacob finds much easier than the nuby one as it is slimmer to hold and has no handles x

http://www.mamonlineshop.com/acatalog/z.html
  • Options
    Thanks for your replies.

I was sure one of the TT ones was advertised as being soft, so similar to a bottle and easy for them to make the transition. But that's not true at all!

I can imagine James showering himself of water with a doidy cup. Might wait until weaning, to purchase one of those! :lol: xx
  • Options
    yeah i have the TT CTN sippy transitional cup/bottle thing and emmy hates it. she just seems to choke on it? but it can't be too fast because she can drink out of a proper cup? strange lol

with a normal cup i let emmy hold the handles but i control how quick/slow she tips the cup and generally there's not too much mess. tbh i've been using one of her little soft food pots as a cup lately as it doesn't cover her whole face like normal cups/sippy cups do lol
  • Options
    I agree Mithical...I bought the TT explora cup because it was meant to be closest thing to a bottle...total rubbish! Sara hates it, I've been a bit lazy recently giving her water out of a normal milk bottle, she'll take about 6oz over 24hrs that way. I have tried her with a open cup which went suprisingly well and she loved it so might invest in doidy, otherwise might give the nuby/nam ones a go

Mine-field isn't it?!?!?!
  • Options
    James will take water out of a bottle. I'm happy to keep changing cups. Just not sure where to go with it. It's hard enough explaining to the lo's, it's going to be water and not milk! xx
  • Options
    We got a doidy cup, first attempt with it was very funny. She got it to her mouth ok but then just started lapping it like a cat, then she threw it on the floor :lol: