Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Another teething question....

Poppy has been 'teething' for what seems like an eternity now, bless her. The past few days it seems to have stepped up a notch. Her dribble is toxic and causing the skin on her face to redden, despite me wiping it every 5 minutes. When I've felt her gums, there is a bump to the top right gums. Not the front tooth, but possibly the one next to that, or the next one. I know that they can get teeth in any order, just wondered if this sounds like one is on it's way?

I also must add that she had 3 dirty nappies yesterday, which is highly unusual for her. They were also toxic & she now has a red bum to go with her red face. I feel so guilty, but hubby says there's not a lot we can do, other than slather her in cream & dose her up on paracetamol before bed...I do think that this is more than the amber teething necklace can handle though ;\) xx

Replies

• Options
    For us the first two were the bottom middle front but now she has the top left front (not middle) and now she's getting the top right front (not middle). I think this is quite normal.

I think it's likely she's getting the top ones before the bottom ones by the sound of it. Are you also using bonjella? x x
  • Options
    hello

we had our first good night (tough wood) last night after nearly 8 weeks of horrid waking, we go through soooo many changes due to dribble, we go through so much bonjela and powders! and we only have one bloody tooth!!! ggrrrr at that tooth fairy!!

hopefully its on its way!
  • Options
    As daft as it sounds, I had completely forgotten about the 2 tubes of bonjella in our fridge image and have just been and applied some now! We have ashton & parson's, but I think I may need to give it a little more regularly as I think this is meant to help with the problem at the other end? Thanks ladies, I really do seem to have lost my marbles at the moment :lol:

xx
  • Options
    i think you can use the powders ever hour? and its suppose to help with tummy upset x
  • Options
    Boots do another homeopathic powder as well, called Teething Pain Relief, in a lilac box. Different ingredient to the A&P, so could be used at the same time. Have you tried vaseline on her chin, to help as a barrier? Piggypops, have you got any dribble bibs? Although they can still end up dribbling a bit on their clothes, they are great. The top of James's was absolutely sopping yesterday, but the felt bit next to his clothes was fine! Hope lo's get their teeth soon. xx