Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Feeling low about weight :( help! (also in baby)

Hello ladies.
As title says really, im feeling so low about my weight/body after having 2 children. i was lucky in both pregancies to actually have lost weight by the time id given birth but both times ive ut it on and more :cry:
Im now 2 stone heavier since having my daughter in december and my weight seems to be balooning. i have no energy and look like s**t in all my clothes. im so desperate to lose weight but find it so difficult. ive tried weight watchers and its not for me, there is just too much choice and i get carried away.
anyone else feel the same or also need to lose weight?
any diet recommendations?

Nat
xxxxxx

Replies

• Options
    Didn't want to read and run. I've no real advice as I've never been one for diets, despite being a lil on the chunky side :lol: I will say that my sister swears by Slimming World, but doesn't actually go to meetings. She just uses the info to help plan meals.

Hubby is in the process of losing weight (has lost over 21lb in 3 months so far!) and has done so by cutting down portion size & watching what he eats (a lot less cr@p!), and walking more. It has been difficult, but every time he's lost 9lb-ish, he treats himself to something he hasn't had (curry/take-away). Maybe you could try a new top or something similar?

I was very lucky that I didn't gain much weight with Poppy, but doubt I'll be so lucky this time around! Good luck with it, I know through hubby how hard it is (but worth it).xx
  • Options
    Hi im pretty sure you can see my photos on facebook ?? well you will probably fine some rather fat ones of me on there. I put on alot of weight after having dd1 but with lizzie i decided to try and stick to slimming world whilst pregnant and i only put on 7lb and after having her i am now almost 2 stone lighter than when i fell pregnant. i swear by slimming world. if you can afford to go to group its really good and everyone is so lovely and no one elkse knows your weight except you and the person weighing you-and they have been sworn to secercy!
    i lost 2 stone before getting married with slimming world too and with the new plan its like eating normally!
    really worth looking into if your interested.
    please dont be down about your weight you have lots to be happy for (ps when you do look at my photos bear in mind i havent always stuck to it!lol)

good ;luck x
  • Options
    i put on about 2 stone during pregnancy and actually lost nearly 3 stone by June (through diet & exercise) but seem to have been piling back on since we got back from our holiday which was the beginning of June and my losing weight goal. I keep waking up and thinking right i'm going to get back on my eating healthy, wiifitting ways but then go and meet a baby friend and find myself with a full fat latte and a piece of cake - lol!! I'm starting to feel crap about it though as I was so pleased with myself and now I am having to squeeze into the new clothes I bought but my pre-pregnancy clothes are all still too big really so i generally look terrible! I don't have any advice i'm afraid but you're not alone! Maybe we should set up a BIJ weightloss club lol image xx
  • Options
    thanks for ur replies ladies! its so frustrating as was so much slimmer after having jasmine but have piled it on since, im like the opposite to every other pregnant woman! i dont feel like i eat a lot jsut prob not the right food and im very much a comfort eater or when im bored. im not a big exerciser and want to lose a bit of weight first before i feel lke i can do any.
    i keep saying ill start walking more but the car jsut stares at me lol!
    wish i could jsut click my fingers!xx
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat at the moment. I lost weight pre-pregnancy using ww but I just can't get back into it at all at the moment. I've just gone back to work and can't fit into any of my old work clothes and really don't want to buy any new ones as I don't want to spend money on clothes when I'd rather lose some weight. I worked last night and one of my customers asked me if I was pregnant again :\(
    I just saw the post over on baby about the cambridge diet, were you thinking of trying it? I think that I need a good kick start but I don't know how? I saw a work colleague the other day and he had lost about 1.5 stone in 2 months doing the 'hay diet' which he said was all about not mixing carbs and protein.

Flimpo I think a BIJ weight loss club would be a good thing. I found it very encouraging when I was going to ww to go to meetings/weigh-ins every week but I just don't have time now with the baby and school runs and working.
  • Options
    hello

i put on a lot of weight during my pregnancy which has resulted in non of my pre clothes fitting, i am no good with diets so its exercise for me, i go to zumba which i love, i could probably do with doing more than an hour a week but i just cant fit it in and TBH cant be arsed! i havent lost much weight scales wise but i am getting some shape back,

i also just want to say i think your are GORGEOUS image
  • Options
    Hey hun, I'm still trying to lose the last few lbs on pregnancy weight but they seem to be very stubborn! I gained about 22lbs, Lost about 8lbs just naturally in the first few months then did the special K diet for about 4 weeks and lost another 6lbs. I've been working out in the gym at work for 20 mins 3 times a week at lunch times and while my weight seems to be staying the same at 4lbs over pre preg weight my shape is changing from working out and I can finally fit in my pre pregnancy jeans. I have never been small though and long term could stand to lose another 20lbs! Long road ahead and I never lose weight without hard work as I love my food!

Is there any exercise classes in your area you could go to in the evenings? Maybe the goal of a wedding dress could be a motivation to eat healthyimage

But anyway I agree with PP you're gorgeous x x
  • Options
    Thanks girls thats really sweet of u!!!
    yes defo as soon as that ring is on my finger i will be working my butt of to get slim as i would be devestated to to get married the way i am now! just need him to hurry up and do it hehehe!!!!
    i also think we shud defo set up a BIJ weight loss club! i am considering the cambridge diet just need to get the motivation and diet head on!
    xxxx