Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Sleeping at night (also in baby)

My question is when did your little ones start sleeping for longer periods at night. Jack currently sleeps for about 5 hours from about 8pm until about 1am and then has a feed and wakes up generally every 2 hours until about 6am when he is wide awake.

Throughout the day he takes about 4oz at each feed which he has as and when he demands it but from 1am he only takes about 3oz even when i change his nappy half way through to wake him up a bit.

Should he be sleeping much longer during the night by now? and is there anything i should be doing???

Sorry to ask so many questions but waking up every hour or so is getting to me and need to know that there is light at the end of the tunnel

thank you for reading
Lisa

Replies

• Options
    how old is he now hun?
    Lizzie has been sleeping from 8:30/9 til 7am for a good 4 weeks but she is 12 weeks now.
    I feed Lizzie to what my mum calls a regimented routine (she thinks im a bit hard on it :lol: ) I feed her at 7am-7oz, 10:30am-6oz, 2pm-6oz, 5:30pm-6oz and 8:30ish (sometimes 9 depending on what time is fell asleep, for instance sometimes she falls asleep at 7, so will feed her at 8:30 but if shes only just fallen asleep i wait til 9) and she has 7oz again.

Lizzie was waking at 4:30 in the morning until I upped her bottles to 6oz in the day and to start with i was giving her a 2oz dream feed at 10pm (feeding times were 3 hourly at that point so 7,10,1,4,7 and 2oz dream feed at 10) and this helped her then we changed the amount in her bottles, went to 3.5 hourly feeds and she now has the 5 bottles a day x
  • Options
    when jacob started going through from half 7 until 1-2am we started waking him at half 10 for a dreamfeed (about 8/9 weeks) which dropped the early morning feed, he started going half 7 till half 10 then 11pm till about 4, which has slowly moved to after 6am image, hoping he will make that 7 am soon!

becca and jacob
    11 weeks, 6 days