Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Milk again

Well things haven't really improved since I last posted.

I wonder if James is trying to drop a bottle, as he is drinking less in each feed. Yesterday he took milk better than the day before. but today, he's been back to being a pain in the proverbial!

I didn't give him his 11am bottle today, and apart from being a bit whingey at lunchtime (which I brought forward a bit), he didn't seem to miss it. It definitely didn't make him drink more at 3pm or 7pm!

So tomorrow I'm going to leave out the milk again, but give a yoghurt or something. Just see how we go over a few days.

Ideally the feed to drop first would have been the dream feed. But James still takes a reasonable amount of that. But it'll be the next one to go, if this one is a success.

Hopefully I'm getting the right message from James! xx

Replies

• Options
    We're in the same boat, although I'm almost certain now that Pops refusal of the bottle is down to teething. She took more milk after some neurofen, and then at bedtime, I put some bonjella on her gums & she took 5oz more than the oz I'd struggled to get her to take.

I did say to hubby that maybe she was getting ready to drop to 2 bottles, but obviously I'm not keen on her doing this. We've decided that we're going to change her routine around again, and I'll give her bonjella before each bottle in the hope this improves things. I've also dropped a pudding at lunch time in case she was just too full (although may reintroduce this if the above work!).

Maybe James is getting ready to drop a bottle too then. We found that once we dropped the DF, the 11am bottle went quickly too. I'm sure you're reading his signals correctly, you know him best & what is best for him. Let us know how you get on xx
  • Options
    I did give dentinox gel, and then calpol before last night's bedtime feed. But it didn't make a difference.

So I'll see how he goes over the next couple of days, and if it doesn't make a difference in his milk intake, then.....not actually sure! :lol: xx
  • Options
    Ok now I'm frustrated!

I've just gone to give James his second bottle of the day, and he won't take any of it!! :\(

He's only had 3.5oz today so far. I'll try him again a couple of times before the hour is up on the milk. But now I'm starting to worry a little. :cry: xx
  • Options
    Have you dropped a bottle yet, or do you think it's time to now? He's probably taking too much when combined with food, and just not wanting it? This is what we found anyway...

After bonjella and bottle first thing instead of breakfast, Pops has taken 13oz total today, so is right on track. Seems the bit of tweaking has done the trick, maybe it will work for James too? Good luck, hope things improve soon xx
  • Options
    Yesterday and today I haven't given his 11am bottle. I didn't give him a snack in place of it yesterday, but did today.

He's only had 3.5oz, he wouldn't take his 2.30 bottle AT ALL! :cry:

So to reach 20oz, in 2 bottles he'd have to have 16.5 and as they are only 7oz and he doesn't finish them. So not going to happen.

I'll give him the weekend. Then panic. xx