Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Remind me of your routine please...

Hi,

I had some replies to a previous thread that said when some were giving their milk and solids, but I can't find it now.

Just thinking surely we are probably all feeding out lo's around the same times of day.

James hasn't dropped any bottles yet, I ended up changing it form 6 to 5. He gets more than the minimum 20oz milk a day, but not by much as he's reduced how much he takes during some of the daytime bottles.

So we are ending up with 4 hourly food and 4 hourly bottles.

6/7am bottle
8/9am breakfast
11am bottle
1pm lunch
3pm bottle
5pm dinner
7pm bottle
10pm DF bottle

James hasn't dropped his DF yet, but there is only 1.5hours between bottle, food, bottle, by the time he's finished eating or drinking. Is this how you started out?

Thanks. xx

Replies

• Options
    Ours is very rough and the times can vary quite a bit but is fairly similar to yours. We are also still bf so I've no idea how much she is taking.

1st milk feed is anywhere between 5 and 8 depending on when she wakes up which has gone from being pretty much bang on 7 everyday to very sparodic.

8am brekkie

2nd milk feed after her nap which is anywhere between 11.30 and 12.30

1pm lunch

another milk feed somewhere in the afternoon, whenever she wants it.

6pm dinner

7.30 milk then bed

11pm ish, I have started doing a df feed again as she has been waking earlier so trying to get that back to after 7.
  • Options
    well we were on four bottles a day from 8 weeks so mine might be slightly different but here goes:

6.30/7am: daddy wakes up up banging around getting ready for work so we have porridge with yoghurt in.

8am: bottle then a nap on mammy

12.30/1pm: lunch, possibly with pudding (emmy's not the biggest fan of pudding unless it's yoghurt or jelly so we don't always have one)

2.30/3pm: bottle and nap (if we're out we have the bottle before dinner as i usually make sure i'm going out for lunch if we're out then)

5.30/6pm: tea time with daddy

6.30/7pm: bath then bottle

btw this all goes out of the window on a weekend when daddy doesn't wake her up as he's off work and we all sleep til about 8.30/9am lol
  • Options
    this is lizzies feeding routine. this is a fairly new routine for us as lizzie started refusing most of her milk.

7:30-milk feed 8oz and then 3oz soya milk on readybrek

10ish-snack normally fruit in her nubby

12:30-lunch

3-snack soya pudding

5-dinner

7:45 (and getting near to 7:30!!!) bottle and bed

she then wakes about 7in the morning x
  • Options
    Here's what we do;

7am 5oz of an 8oz bottle
    8am Porridge made with remaining 3oz
    10.30am Snack; yoguart or banana and rice cakes with about 3oz water
    1.00pm Lunch with pudding
    3.00/3.30pm 6oz bottle followed by some finger food/snacks
    5.30/6.00pm Tea with pudding
    7.30pm 7oz bottle

I'm convinced Sara is trying to change her nap routine as she's a bit all over the place. Previousy she's slept at 8.30-9.30 and then 12-1 but I'm not quite sure what she's up to!!!

liz xxx
  • Options
    We've only just started weaning so our timings may change, but at the moment our day goes something like this:

8:30am - 7oz milk plus porridge
    10:30am - 7oz milk
    11am - 1pm - Nap
    1:30pm - Lunch (purees at the moment)
    2:30pm - 7oz milk
    4pm - 4:45pm - Nap
    5:30pm - Dinner (purees again)
    6:30pm - 7oz milk, then bed
  • Options
    Thanks for your replies.

I find it interesting we all do it a little different. Our times vary a little, due to naps, being out etc. But James only sleeps for half an hour, so that doesn't necessarily get in the way. I just wondered how long people left between bottle and food, or food then next bottle.

Although I try to leave 2 hours, it's an hour and half or less. Depending on how long James takes to eat. I was also worried about him not finishing his dinner until 6pm, then going to bed just after 7pm with a bottle. He messed about something chronic last night, hence I'm bringing his dinner forward to 5pm today.

Also he only took 2oz of milk at 11am and messed about, so I'll see how he does tomorrow. he might be ready to drop that bottle. Just don't want him to drop the 7pm one! xx
  • Options
    7-8ish 8oz bottle
    10 Breakfast (banana/mango/apple/pear) plus 6oz bottle
    1ish Lunch (sweet potato, b.squash, courgette, broccoli, carrot etc)
    3-4 7oz bottle
    5.30 Dinner
    6.30 8oz bedtime bottle

we are still just on purees, Charlie just turned 6 months so I have given him a couple of bits of strawberry and banana but he only picks them up. If I put a bit to his mouth he just screws his face up... I'm not sure if his coordination is not good enough yet?

Also as he is now 6 months I am looking forward to venturing away from just fruit and veg and trying bread, pasta, cheese and yoghurt etc.

I'm not sure if this is too much but if I try to it down his feeds he isn't happy! We have just managed to drop the fifth bottle which he had with lunch. Any advice?
  • Options
    I think Charlie might just need practice with coordination to get the food to his mouth. On the other hand some say babies avoid foods they are allergic to, strawberry being a common one. Or he just might need time to get used to the purees, and not be ready for finger foods yet.

James is hit and miss with finger foods. most of the time he'll gum something and a big bit breaks off, he then gags on it. If he made more of an effort to chew, I'd give him more.

As for the bottles missusbee, I'm for the lo's telling us when they don't want them. Charlie is having more than the recommended minimum amount of milk of 20oz, which is fine. Some babies don't drop bottles until around 9 months when they realise food is food, and it fills them up. Some do it sooner or some later.

If you want to try to drop a bottle, it's your choice, maybe replace it with a dairy snack like yoghurt or something. But imo if lo is drinking it lo wants/needs it. If you try without, you can always give it later if lo misses it. HTH. xx
  • Options
    It was the 11am bottle that Sara dropped first, then the DF and we've carried on with 3 so we get around 20+/- oz a day, now I just give her a yoguart snack if I think she might need to wait a bit for her lunch if we're out and about.
  • Options
    Our day generally goes like this:

7:30/8am: 7-8oz bottle
    8-8:30am: Breakfast with any remainder of bottle
    11-11:30am: 7oz bottle
    12:30-1:30pm: Lunch & pudding
    3-3:30pm: 7-8oz bottle
    4:30-5pm: Tea & pudding
    6:30pm: 8-9oz bottle

I did try without the 11am feed, but didn't replace it with anything (silly mummy!) and as she still takes all of it, I'm reluctant to drop it. We dropped the DF after around a week of 3 meals a day, or she'd probably still be on 5 bottles! Yesterday, she missed out on her afternoon nap, and fell asleep after an oz of her 6:30pm bottle! She still slept until 7am though, bless her!xx
  • Options
    James can drink anywhere from 2-6oz of a 7oz bottle! His morning ones he had 6oz, then 2oz....I'm about to give him another bottle, and I estimate he'll take 3/4oz only. I do remember the days when he used to drink the whole bottle! xx
  • Options
    sugerpuff- thats exactly what happened with lizzie so now we givew her 2 8oz bootles which she takes all of and then give her 3oz of soya milk on her readybrek (which takes her upto 19oz) and then give her either soya yougurt or soya puddings in the day for pudding or snacks x
  • Options
    ours is

7/8am- brekkie of porridge or toast and 7oz bottle (3oz in porridge)
    9/10- 2 hour nap
    11/12pm- mashable lunch and pudding
    1pm- sometimes a short nap
    2/3pm- 7oz bottle
    3pm- sometimes a short nap
    4/5pm- finger food dinner and pudding
    6pm- bath
    7/8pm- 8oz bottle, storytime and bed

becca and jacob 30 weeks, 3 days
  • Options
    I've cut out James's 11am bottle, to see if the reason he is only drinking 3/4oz from all bottles, is that he's trying to drop one.

I didn't give him a snack in it's place yesterday, and found he was whingey at lunchtime (which I did bring forward a little). Today I've given him a yoghurt, to see if it makes a difference. just wondered what makes you offer/not offer a snack, where you discontinued a feed?

Thanks. xx
  • Options
    Hi.

But you don't give a snack between breakfast and lunch? That's what I wonder, what makes some mummies offer one?

I did bring lunch forward yesterday, but as he's had the yoghurt today. I'll give lunch at 1ish as usual.

What a palaver! :lol: xx
  • Options
    Jasmines routine doesnt vary much so this is what its normally like -
    6-7am 5oz bottle
    7.30-8 porridge and toast with butter
    11am 6oz bottle before nap
    12-12.30 lunch
    1.30 nap til about 2.30/2.45
    3pm a snack usually satsuma/apple and biscuit or rice cake
    4.30 pm dinner
    6.30 6oz bottle and bed

i should note she occasionally has a bottle in afternoon if unsettled for nap or if she doesnt eat much lunch

xxxx
  • Options
    our naps are a lot shorter now its just an hour in a morning and an hour in the afternoon x
  • Options
    A bit late responding to this one but Emilie's routine is largely dictated by her day care but this is where we are now at 32 weeks

07.00 - Porridge made with 4oz milk and 2oz bottle to drink
    10.30 - Pureed fruit pot and some juice
    12.00 - 6oz bottle and some bread
    15:00 - Biscuit and some juice
    17:30 - Warm mashed/pureed dinner
    19:00 - 6oz bottle and bed.

She would happliy drink or eat more but because she is sick so much I've been told to try and give her less and see if it improves.

At my appointment with the HV last week she said for her age and size she only needs 3 bottles and one of these should be used to make up her porridge so I feel like were fairly on track.