Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

On account of evil mood...contraception...my options

So it sounds like I'm not the only one out there that hormone based contraception sends wild, so I'm looking at my other options...hmmm, not much to choose from is there?

copper coil?

any others??? pros and cons please, my current favourite is abstinence!

Thanks ladies xxx

Replies

• Options
    Ha ha! As I said in the other thread i've just had the non hormonal coil put in. Pros are that so far i've not turned into pyscho Hollie as I did on pill, implant , injection and patch! I've also not had to remember to take anything everyday etc. Downsides: For me getting it put in wasnt very nice but only because it took them 6 attempts and in the end a numbing injection! (but generally is supposed to be easier to fit on woman who have given birth). Have also had a bit of cramping and spotting a few days before actual period came but this is common in the first few months! Worst bit though so far (although quite amusing), which is possibly tmi, so apologies - is that OH says he can feel the strings from it when we're having sex and keeps getting poked!! I told him he should be flattered! ha ha! Fortunately the doctor is trimming them next week for me! I think there are short term cons to the coil but long term and moodwise i think it'll be great for me! xx

• Options
    we are in a bit of a pickle about this as we want to TTC later this year and you advised to have the coil in a good while as it takes a few months to settle in, i think abstinance may be the future :lol:
  • Options
    If I were you I would try the copper coil. I had mine for all of a month, no probs in or out and no doc/nurse telling me i would have to wait for a certain amount of time ect.
    I did unfortunatly get PID from it so my only word of advise is not to let a new trainned or someone practising do it!!
  • Options
    I don't really think that I'm in a position to comment on methods of contraception at the moment, so hope you don't mind if I 'abstain' from this one :lol: !! xx
  • Options
    ha ha ha honeypops! How is everything going? Have you got many symptoms this time around? xx
  • Options
    Honeypops...you should bookmark this thread for future referance!!! image
    Hope you're keeping well x
  • Options
    Sorry to hijack, Liz. I can recommend pregnancy as a great form of contraception :lol: I think hubby's going to have it chopped off after this one ;o)

I'm good thanks, nauseas (?sp) and exhausted like you wouldn't believe, but happy! It does feel different to last pregnancy, so I'm thinking maybe boy. We're still deciding whether to find out or not....xx
  • Options
    Ooooh exciting! I really don't envy the nausea or tiredness but I am a little jealous of your new little bubba! I am broody.com! Keep us all updated! xx