Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

My sisters waters have broken...early!!!

Hey all,

my older sister's waters have broken early. She is 36 weeks pregnant. I know that a few of you had this happen so I am just wondering what the procedure is now. I am soooo excited Arthur should have a little cousin soon and as the only sister of 4 who is not an aunty I am soon to become one.

Thanks guys

xxx

Replies

• Options
    I can't really comment on the procedure, as the only experience I have is my sister, who went into labour at 33 weeks. Wanted to say congratulations, hope all goes smoothly. It will be lovely for you to have your lo's so close together. Please let us know how she gets on, you must be very excited xx
  • Options
    I dont have any experience either, but wanted to wish her luck!!

And congratulations to you Aunty!!!

JOanna x
  • Options
    Mine didn't go early but they did go with no contractions so I was induced after 24 hours.

You're right though this did happen to some people on here so I hope they can help you!

From what I can remember I think it depends if it is her forewaters or her hind waters, if it's only the forewaters they might leave her to see if she can go a bit longer but if it is her hind waters then she will be induced if nothing happens in 24 hours because of the risk of infection.

Good luck to her and I hope all goes well and you'll be an Auntie soon!
  • Options
    hello

this happened with nattynik so she might be able to help, i think she went on to be induced.

how exciting!
  • Options
    Hey saw this on the front page.

My waters went at around 35 to 36 weeks they confirmed this when i was 36 weeks. they keot me in for three days for monitoring and then was allowed home for a few days but had to go to day assessment unit to have bloods, check fluid levels etc to make sure everything was ok. They waited until 37 weeks to induce me. They can't always tell which waters have gone. Basically they keep an eye on you until full term (37 weeks) then as long as no sign of infection etc then they induce you at 37 weeks.

Hope that helps xx
  • Options
    As PP said mine went early at 36+2. I went into hospital as soon as they did to be examined and then I had to stay in (mainly because we live so far from the hospital). Each hospital is different with their procedures in how long they will leave you until they induce you but I was left 72 hours (with regular checks) and was then induced due to the risk of infection. I was having my own contractions by then but they still wanted to speed things up because of the risk.

I was put on a syn. drip and she arrived 2 1/2 hours later!! Lyvi was only in an incubator for 24 hours but had problems latching on as she was early and so tiny but with a lot of hardwork and perseverance we got there with the BF'ing!

Good luck to your sister. Hope all goes well.

Love NN and Olyvia xxx
  • Options
    no experience either but wanted to wish good luck and congratulations x
  • Options
    Hey all,

thanks for your replys! My sister was rushed in for an emergency c section as she was dilating so fast and the baby was sideways!!!!

He is now in SCBU but we are hoping he will be out soon.

He is amazing...I am a very proud auntie

xxx
  • Options
    Congratulations!! Hope LO is out, and home with his mummy very soon xx
  • Options
    congrats bet you are such a proud aunty!