Forum homeβ€Ί Archived Birth Clubsβ€Ί My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What are you using in the bath

seat wise if anything or do you just hold your lil one??
We have one of these for Alyssa http://www.mothercare.com/Deluxe-Baby-Bather-Circle-Daisy/dp/B001NZHV3A/sr=1-9/qid=1276801507/ref=sr_1_9/277-0032884-8336145?_encoding=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42764041&mcb=core
and it is now no good she tries to do a sit p on it and sometimes manages a little and it tips either that or she tries to roll over off it!!
So im thinking of maybe getting her one of the swivel sit up bath seats or is it not really worth it will she grow out of it quicky?!?!

So what does everyone else do am i the only wimp who cant hold their baby with one arm for 20 minutes :lol:

xx

Replies

• Options
    we stopped holding jacob at about 12 weeks and he was happy to lie in the bath with a few inches of water, enough to cover his ears, he still loves this now as he can splash us with his legs :lol:

we have this seat
    http://www.boots.com/en/Babyway-Baby-Bath-seat_1035290/

which he goes in if i have a bath with him x
  • Options
    Hey! We've never had anything for Sara in the bath (or a baby bath)! Now that Sara is bigger she goes in a shallow bath and lies on the bottom and I rest her head on my hand - my hand on the bottom of the bath too, so there's not actually much 'holding' going on!

If your LO is nearly sitting, or is sitting, then there's prob no point getting another seat/baby holder, because I would imagine they'll want to be sitting as soon as they are able???

Will be interested to see what everyone else does

xxx
  • Options
    Mrs P we have one of those too, I've found it really good as it was higher up so it meant that the bath was deeper so dd1 can have a bath with her too which she loves. Sasha is now also trying to throw herself out of it aswell though so I will have to look at getting something else. I need something though as I need to be able to let go of her when I wash big sis's hair.
  • Options
    Alyssa won't lie in the bath with a few inches in, partly cause she turns her head to the side and either swallows the water or it goes in her eyes and plus i can't put her down flat on her back without her rolling on to her tummy these days!!

• Options
    emmy-lee just sits up on her own in hers and has done for 2/3 weeks now. we're lucky to have a corner bath so i usually sit on the 'ledge' behind the baby bath and OH sits on the floor outside the bath so she can see him. however if there is only one of us we just let her sit and make sure we keep our hands on the side of her bath and if she starts to slip she either grabs her bath and pulls herself back of grabs our hand to be caught xx

• Options
    emmy-lee just sits up on her own in hers and has done for 2/3 weeks now. we're lucky to have a corner bath so i usually sit on the 'ledge' behind the baby bath and OH sits on the floor outside the bath so she can see him. however if there is only one of us we just let her sit and make sure we keep our hands on the side of her bath and if she starts to slip she either grabs her bath and pulls herself back of grabs our hand to be caught xx

• Options
    Me and Lyvi always share a bath (and sometimes she shares with Daddy!) and we prcatice her swimming positions! :\) :\) :\)

She occasionally has a bath on her own but we do that in the bath that came with her Easi Peasi Changer.

Love NN and Olyvia xxx
  • Options
    I'm glad you posted this as I was wondering the same thing. At the moment we lie Eva on a foam bath support, but she now likes to sit up so I sit her on the support instead and hold my hand against her back in case she dives backwards which she has a habit of doing.

I've decided to take Eva shopping tomorrow and I'm thinking of getting one of those seats like Piggypops has.
  • Options
    Cam has one of these - http://www.babysecurity.co.uk/products/2744/Summer-Infant-Deluxe-Baby-Bather-%2d-Pink-Butterfly.html (bt in blue image)

I fill the bath so that when he's in it the water comes up to his moobs (man boobs!). I doesn't really matter if he pulls forward to sit up in it s he's still fine but leaves me hands free to pour water/play games with him. x

ha - edited to say just clicked on your link and it's the same one as you've got! To concude, i am no help! xx

[Modified by: flimpo on June 17, 2010 09:52 PM]

• Options
    moobs :lol: i am so childish :lol::lol::lol:

boots so the swivel ones aswell, i didnt see those when we got ours x
  • Options
    well we went to mamas and papas this morning and i bought one of these (and about a dozen other things we didn't need woops!!)

http://www.mamasandpapas.com/product-acqua-bath-seat-pearl-whitesoft-lime/455149901/type-i/

will try it tonight for the first time hopefully she likes it!!