Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Strollers

Hi ladies

As we're going on lots more days out now and are going on holiday soon we're thinking about buying a stroller - although I must say that lifting the Quinny in and out the car all the time is very good for toning your arms :lol:

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has bought a stroller yet and if so which one and what are the pros and cons for that particular one?

Thanks! NN xx

Replies

• Options
    We bought one for going on hol when Sara was quite little, we got the maclaren xt (I think!) its great, the seat goes flat for snoozing, there's an amazing sun hood on it, its easy to push and put up/down, handles are adjustable (OH is v tall). The negatives about it are - its not as light as some other buggies, its quite pricey too. Like with most stroller/buggies its harder to get lots of shopping into the basket even though its a good size.

Have fun shopping for it!

• Options
    we have got a quinny zapp. we had one when dd1 was little too and loved it. its easy to push and we are buying a carry bag for it to take on the plane.
  • Options
    Hi Nat,
    We have had so many buggies the past few years i feel im the 'expert' now haha!!!
    we have had a maclaren, zap and a babies r us stroller and by far and i mean far it was the maclaren that won!!!!
    Cons of the zap were that it didnt recline and also bearing in mind lyvi is quite little i wouldnt recommend as the seat is pretty big, its also not great for hanging bags on as tips easily. it is on the other hand very small folding and easy to push.
    I wouldnt recommend anyone buy a babies r us buggy as i know 3 people now that had trouble. mine was so difficult to push even tho it was a light weight stroller and the wheels always jammed. we paid 95 pounds for it also so not exactly cheap!
    So maclaren all the way i think, although we have sold ours now as we didnt have the room i would buy one again i think. it was the maclaren techno xt i think and came in blue and brown and the girls version is brown and pink. although it was expensive at 250 it was fantastic. very easy to push, fits a 3 year old nicely, good raincover, sunshade with visor to stop sun in eyes, folded nice and came with a footmuff.

Ok so i have completely rambled now - so sorry but im rather passionate about buggies haha!!
    i am hoping to buy a bugaboo bee stroller as i am completely and utterly in love with them! really want the bright pink one!!

nat xxxxxxx
  • Options
    oh and forgot to mention the maclaren had a removable/reversable seat liner which was brilliant for spillages etc and can go in machine xx
  • Options
    ooooh just seen they have a new quinny zap out that reclines and can be facing either way!! its called zap extra. just thought id share x