Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Sleeping on front

No doubt this has been asked a million times before....

Is it ok for babies to sleep on their front? Charlie now flips onto his front whenever we put him down and manages to shuffle accross the floor. However he has just mastered how to roll over in a sleeping bag and this morning and yesterday after his naps we found him on his chest. He doesn't cry to be turned back and is happy to sleep like this but is he alright to do so?

Replies

• Options
    I don't know what the official guidlines are regaring this but personally I think its ok, they move around so much now short of strapping them down I don't know how you can force them to sleep on their back.
  • Options
    Flo has just had a nap like this and refused point blank to be in any other position than on her front. She had a dummy in too. And she has a streaming cold so woke up in a nice puddle of snot. I'll always put her on her back to sleep but we usually find her awake on her front so I guess that is where she finds it most comfy x x
  • Options
    if your LO is doing it himself then it should be fine, we are just advised not to put them on thier front x