Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Apetite with the heat?

Is anyone elses little one not feeding so good im assuming it is the weather?

Alyssa slept 13 hours last night when she woke up took 3oz of milk in a bottle and ate 3 spoons of porridge.

At lunch time had 3oz again and two spoons of her veg she point blank refused anything else no matter how hard i tried!!

xx

Replies

• Options
    Eva isn't taking very much either because of the heat. We aren't weaning yet, but she is still only taking around 3-4oz at each feed instead of her usual 7oz.
  • Options
    same here mrs p (and you live in newcastle as well don't you?) emmy had about 1/3 of what she usually has in porridge and only 4oz of milk. she wont have any lunch and again has only taken 4oz of milk. hoping this heat dies out soon because she only ever takes a maximum of 24oz in 24 hours and is only on the 9th-25th centile to start with!

poor lil over hot and irritated babies xxx
  • Options
    yeah i am from Newcastle well just outside, alyssa is on the 9th-25th centile too and only ever takes 20oz on a good day when the weather isnt like this!! hopefully i can get a bit more in to her this afternoon!!

xx
  • Options
    were the same, he even chucked up his bedtime bottle all over the sofa last night!
  • Options
    Sara hasn't been too bad, we basically live outside in the summer so under the umbrella there's a little breeze and she loves it! Milk-wise she took less of her mid-afternoon bottle but I've pushed her to take a bit more water with her meals to keep her topped-up.

Loving this weather - long may it continue!!!
  • Options
    I haven't particularly noticed Sebastian going off his milk but we are weaning and he absolutely loves solids so nothing puts him off them. Only difference is that he is taking more water between meals and also has developed a love for ice cream. I was eating one today with him on my lap and he kept grabbing my arm and pulling it towards his mouth.
  • Options
    James has taken between 2 and 4oz for most of his bottles today. Took 7 at bedtime. So yep, he's off his milk. xx