Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

night time sleeping/waking

just wondering what time your lil ones go to bed and how often they wake and sleep for and how old they are? just after some comparisons really to see how others compare to my chicky bean

Thanks

Clair and Alyssa 6 weeks today image

xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi Clair

Emilie goes to bed after her bath about 8pm, then we feed her again between 11 and 12 after which she'll sleep until 4 or 5am. She'll then usually sleep through until 8 or 9am. So really she's going 12 hours with 2 feeds in the middle. She's being doing this since she was born and is now 5 weeks!

Liz and Emilie x x
  • Options
    jacob has a feed about 7 after his bath then goes to bed about half 7, has a feed about half 10/11 then sleeps (hopefully) until 3/4 feeds then goes back (after a little settling, or a lot lol) until about 7

becca and jacob
    6 weeks, 3 days x
  • Options
    Lizzie was having a feed about 7 then sleeping til 2:30 feeding 4oz and then sleeping til 7am ish. but i have now introduced a 10pm feed (only done 2 nights) and my mum asures me that once Lizzie sarts taking more in the day she will sleep longer from 10pm. she has so far taken more milk today than any other day so hopefully we are in the right direction! so at the moment lizzie still wakes breifly once in the night for a feed but hopefully that will fade out soon! (i can wish eh?!)
    How is Alyssa doing with sleeping/feeding in the night?x

editesd to say Lizzie is 6 weeks x

[Modified by: wannababy on February 14, 2010 07:15 PM]

• Options
    Flynn tends to have a bottle at about 9pm then sleeps until 12.30-1am, has another feed and then usually sleeps until about 6-7am. He's 22days old today.
  • Options
    Hi Clair

Olyvia is 8 weeks old tomorrow and exclusively BF.

I am feeding her on demand so the times can be different everyday but a typical night at the moment is...8pm, 11pm, 2am, 4am, 6am, 9am!

Love NN and Olyvia xxx

http://lb1f.lilypie.com/Tp6A.png

http://lbff.lilypie.com/vBTq.png

• Options
    gc from dec and typing one handed apologies for grammar etc
    Natty Nik was good to see your timings as we are bf too and very similar - so hard to see all these ff babies sleeping so well and mums wishing they would go through when we are also up anddown every few hours. can i ask what olyvia does between 8 and 11pm as this is when we have problems and emily screams and screams
    thanks
    got to go shes at it again
  • Options
    Cameron's evening/nighttime routine goes something like this at the moment...

8pm boob
    9pm bath
    10pm bottle
    11 - 3.30/4am sleep
    3.30/4am bottle
    4.30 - 7.00/7.30 sleep
    7.00/7.30 boob
    8-9 - snoozing in bed with mammy (by this point he point blank refuses to go in his basket but is sleepy)

He did a couple of 6 hour stints this week - and as i type this has just woken from a 22.00 - 3.15 stint but mostly we're like the above. Cameron is mix fed about 60/40 (to the boob) and is 5 + 4

xxxx
  • Options
    wow NattyNik you must be exhausted we put Alyssa down at 7pm with 4oz then wake her at 10.30/11pm for a 5oz (but she never takes it all then she wakes anywhere between 1.30pm and 4.30pm for a night feed then sleeps till 7am unless she wiggles out of the covers.

I am following the gina ford routine but think i may give it a miss and see how she does without it???

Clair x
  • Options
    We don't really have a routine yet. Like Natty Nik I'm baby-led breastfeeding so there are a lot of night feeds! We co-sleep so night feeds were pretty easy - I just whipped a boob out without having to get up. However Monty's been getting grumpy with what i presume is wind so have started feeding him in a more upright position and using infacol so I need to sit up for night feeds now (not as luxurious as continuing to snooze!). He stays downstairs with us till around 11 and has a feed around 8-9. Then at 11 we change him again and I feed in bed. He usually wakes again twice around 2.5-3 hr intervals then can go for 4 hours before waking again. He's always starving in the morning and will eat a lot at short intervals.
    I didn't realise the big difference between ff and bf schedules till I saw this post and thought about monty's feeding!
    Anna and Monty 2 wk 1 day

[Modified by: babybarbarella on February 15, 2010 10:59 AM]

• Options
    MrsRed just want to point out I would be breast feeding had James taken to it, and I'm sure it's not just mum's of ff babies that wish they were getting more sleep at night. James is ff on demand so times change a bit. But he has just started dropping his post midnight feed. So he has about 6-7 feeds still about 2 1/2-4 hours apart during the day, first one around 6-7 last one anywhere from 10-12. xx mithical and James 4 weeks 3 days.
  • Options
    Sasha is 4 weeks tomorrow and is bf. I cluster feed her in the evening at 7pm and then about 8/8.30 with a bath in between. She goes down after the 2nd cluster feed and goes through to anytime between about 1 and 2.30am and then wakes again somewhere between 5 and 7am. I have just started trying to introduce a dream feed at about 10pm so she'll wake just once in the night but when I tried last night there was no waking her at all and she wouldn't feed in her sleep as dd1 used to, I am going to persevere though as I think the dream feed was definately the key to getting dd1 to sleep through the night.
  • Options
    sorry mithical wasn't meant to be a criticism just am exhausted from feeding 2 hourly day and night and it was reassuring to find we are not the only ones
  • Options
    sorry mithical wasn't meant to be a criticism just am exhausted from feeding 2 hourly day and night and it was reassuring to find we are not the only ones
  • Options
    That's ok MrsRed, that is the trouble with bf isn't it? You don't know how much lo is getting, and they may not get full. I'm sure things will improve for you soon. image xx