Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Bloody nosey people

Don't you hate strangers passing comment on YOUR baby ? sooooooo frustrating we went to a new parent class and when we got there I lifted alyssa out of her car seat went to sit her on the floor and she grabbed hold of the seat to stand so i let her get hold and stand whilst i sorted myself out and some woman said how old is she i said 7 months on Sunday and she gasped and said "sit her down she is too young to be doing that" so i said stand your baby up and she said no she doesnt want to stand and i said exactly alyssa doesn't want to sit!! Maybe a bit rude on my part but im sick to death of remarks.

Rant over!!

Replies

• Options
    Rant away.

Luckily I haven't come across this yet. But I'm sure I will. Well done for standing up for yourself and Alyssa. (Pardon the pun, it was unitentional! :roll: ) xx
  • Options
    Excellent Mrs P!!!! I love it...wish I could of been there to see her face!
    I hate people who comment on your baby, including family! When you spend 24hrs a day with my little girl then you can comment! xx
  • Options
    LMAO wish i could've seen her face!

people keep telling me emmys too young to be doing things she does, i just tell them to tell her that...if the baby can do it they're obviously ready to do it.

silly woman! lol
  • Options
    Another annoying one i get is...the thumb sucking...one person will say oh it's lovely to see a baby without a dummy then someone will say ohhh she shouldnt suck her thumb you can take a dummy off them but you can't take their thumb away....why do complete strangers you have never even seen before feel they have the right to comment but you're right Jo family are sometimes just as bad!!
    Lol mithical you were on the ball then it took me a while to twig i will blame the mummy brain i blame that for everything else these days!!
    xx
  • Options
    i know exactly what you mean!

was on the bus the other day on the way to a new parent and baby group (that was a nightmare too) and lily was sitting up in the pram calling out 'dada' and babbling and a woman lent over to me and said 'you should really stick a dummy in her mouth' i was really shocked, i turned around and said 'my baby is fine without a dummy but maybe someone should stick one in your mouth' she was really put out but i was fuming and the woman next to me couldn;t stop laughing!

It drives me crazy. Also I'm what I would call a young mum (im 22) and people just seem to assume that because of my age i'm incompetant - if i couldn't look after a baby I wouldn't have had one... at the new parent and baby group i went to someone actually came over and tried to take lily out of my arms because she coughed. When i asked her what she thought she was doing her reply was 'well you wouldn't understand but she was choking, you're not holding her right' If lily was choking i would have been the first person to know about it! I went home with the raving hump!
    xxx
  • Options
    great replies ladies x
  • Options
    Well done for saying something back - stupid woman!! We went out for a carvery earlier as it's OHs day off and the woman on the next table spent most of our meal glaring at us because I had picked up a bowl of veggies for Cam and was letting him get stuck in. Honestly she was looking at me as if I was letting Cam eat a stick of dynamite - if she'd have said something I would have been even crosser although you're braver than me, I would have let OH respond cos i'm too much of a wimp lol! x
  • Options
    :lol::lol::lol: nice one.
  • Options
    :lol::lol::lol: nice one.