Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How are you NattyNik?

That's all I wanted to say really! Just wondered how you're doing with everything...your calories and Olyvia's weaning etc. You've not been on here as much as before so just remember we're thinking about you and hope things are going better for you.

Liz xxx

Replies

• Options
    Awww thank you Liz! What a lovely message :\)

I'm ok thanks! Eating lots more but still loosing weight :\? I guess it just goes to show how many calories BF'ing uses up! Have another Drs appointment next week to see where we go from here.

Lyvi is doing very well though. Started weaning on Monday and she is really, really enjoying it! I've made my peace with a middle ground of some purees (but letting her feed herself) and BLW. It's working really well so far and she is a little pro using the spoon already, right from day 1! And melon sticks are a big hit image

Am just having a little catch up as haven't had much time to come on a lot recently!

How are you ?

Love NN and Olyvia xxx
  • Options
    Ah glad to hear you're doing well and Lyvi is a spoon/feeding-pro. I think the idea of solids is so much more scarey than the reality - I've found it to be great fun!

Sara agrees about the melon sticks, she usually has juice dripping off her elbows!

I think BF'ding is sooooo much harder on your body than people realise, hopefully as Lyvi starts to take more solids then you'll notice a difference.

Glad you're doing ok xxx
  • Options
    Thanks!

Yer, weaning is a lot of fun! I love just watching Lyvi inspecting everything and then trying it and the way she just loves to squish things and make a big mess image

I saw on your other post that you're back at work - how are you finding it? Must be sooo hard for you.

Love NN and Olyvia xxx
  • Options
    Yeah its hard being away from Sara, I'm doing nights now tonight and tomorrow night which I haven't done since starting back, am dreading it! Thankfully Sara will be with Sue our amazing childminder tomorrow so I can get some shut-eye and then its Daddy time on saturday morning so I can't catch up then too. But, it means that when I'm on a day off it really is a day off and we just go out, play and I really value the time I spend with her and I'm able to buy little outfits for my princess guilt-free, so there's pros and cons!