Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

child benifit and trust fund

hello ladies

just wondered who had got theres?

i have recieved my first payment of child benifit but not yet got the trust fund x

Replies

• Options
    Haven't even sent off yet! Getting OH to check my paperwork hopefully today! xx

mithical and James 17 days old
  • Options
    We've had ours and due another in 2 weeks. from what i remember last time they have to send it out before lo is 6 months and they don't tend to rush....
  • Options
    I've got child benefit sorted and had first payment but nothing fpr the child trust fund. Where is everyone putting their ??250? xx
  • Options
    I have sent off my forms for child benefit and had birth cert back so hopefully wont be long for that! and then trust fund afterwards. We will be putting the trust fund in the nationwide which is a savings trust fund account and thats where I have my DD1's. I know its each to their own but I didnt want to risk my childrens money in shares (and im gald I didnt with the year we have just had!!)
  • Options
    Same here will be using Natwest. x
  • Options
    my CB took about a week and a half which was really quick!

i am putting his pennies in a savings account we can add too x
  • Options
    How do we apply for child benefit?
  • Options
    We got a form when we were in the hospital but you can also get the form here - http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/childbenefit/online.htm x
  • Options
    Mine was in one of the bounty packs we got in the hospital x
  • Options
    thanks Ladies, will have a look in the bounty pack
  • Options
    got my voucher this week image
    cant wait to open jacobs first account!
  • Options
    Got James' birth certificate back, so nearly there! xx

http://lb1f.lilypie.com/5GZt.png

• Options
    Amber's birth cert arrived bk yesterday, with the little note saying they are considering my claim!!! Made me chuckle!!!
  • Options
    Got paid 2 weeks child benefit on Thursday. Received the letter telling us we qualify today! image xx
  • Options
    I got my 2 weeks on friday, had to phone the bank to check who had paid me ??40 as didn't recognise the reference!! Not had the letter yet!
  • Options
    I guessed! xx
  • Options
    My brain still not working properly, thought it had to be a mistake!!!!
  • Options
    Ha ha, I only thought it might be because the first initial was c for child, not even sure what the initials stand for! xx