Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

baby massage/baby yoga?

is anyone signing their baby up for massage or yoga classes? my local children's centre does both so i'm going to sign emmy-lee up as soon as she's old enough (8 and 10 weeks respectively) but wondered if any of you lovely ladies were doin the same already as i have no idea what to expect? :\?

hopefully it'll be fun though even if i have no clue how you mix babies and yoga successfully lol :lol:

[Modified by: jemmykins on 13 February 2010 23:12:25 ]

Replies

• Options
    We've signed up for baby massage, Amber will be about 18wks when we start as that was the first free class we could get onto. Really looking forward to it. I did aerobics throughout my pregnancy till my blood pressure shot up, but that's an early evening class and not sure when i'll get back to that. May try to find a daytime class.
  • Options
    We've signed up for baby massage, Amber will be about 18wks when we start as that was the first free class we could get onto. Really looking forward to it. I did aerobics throughout my pregnancy till my blood pressure shot up, but that's an early evening class and not sure when i'll get back to that. May try to find a daytime class.
  • Options
    I love living in the sticks but it does mean we don't have anything like that round here - very jealous!! image

Hope you both enjopy it :\)

Love NN and Olyvia xxx

http://lb1f.lilypie.com/Tp6A.png

http://lbff.lilypie.com/vBTq.png

• Options
    We went to our first baby massage class last Friday - Sasha was 24 days old. It was a really good class, about 8 mothers and babies there. It is a course of 3 classes, this week we did legs and feet and next week we are doing the body and things to help with colic and wind. We didn't need to take a towel as they provided mats and put down paper towel on top and they also gave us the oil. Sasha had been a bit poorly with a cold - she enjoyed having her legs done but didn't like her feet being done and started to fuss quite a bit when I tried so we just watched the others. Hopefully if she is feeling better she will enjoy the next class more. The other mothers were lovely though and it was nice to sit and chat with them.