Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Eye colour

I know that their eye colour won't settle until 3 months but I was wondering if the shade they are now is an indication? I've got brown eyes and my OH has gorgeous greeny grey eyes which naturally I'd love Florence to have too! Her eyes are a denim blue at the moment.

Has anyone else wondered this or have I spent too long looking at my baby?!

Fay and Florence 4 weeks 3 days x

Replies

• Options
    I'm not completely sure whether you get an indication early on. But I have heard some baby's eyes don't change properly until 18 months! My lo has dark blue eyes, my OH has blue. I'd like lo to get my green eyes, but I'll have to keep checking, because obviously they could be destined to stay blue! xx mithical and James 4 weeks 3 days.
  • Options
    I have blue eyes and my dh has dark brown. dd1 had blue eyes to start with and are now green (my sister has green eyes). lo has very dark eyes at the moment and look almost grey so don't know what colour they will turn out.
  • Options
    Flynn has quite dark blue eyes at the moment. I have dark brown eyes and his Dad has blue AND green eyes. I really hope that Flynn's end up like his Dad's, as they look gorgeous at the moment!
  • Options
    My DD1 eyes were bright blue up until she was 2! they are now a lovely shade of green! I was told they would stay blue when she was a year old but oh no they are green x