Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

TTC?

Not sure if this has been done before, so apologies if I'm repeating it! Wondering when/if you're planning to start ttc? Poppy is 12 weeks now, and we still haven't gotten around to sorting out any contraception. I wouldn't be upset if I got 'caught' again soon, and hubby agrees with me. I do feel that maybe we should enjoy Poppy on her own for a bit longer, but want her to have a brother/sister close in age. For those with lo's already, what would you say is the ideal age gap?

Replies

• Options
    i am soooo broody esp now my friend has just has a little boy! we have to wait though as we had a section so we plan to throw away the pills at xmas although as it took 11 months with jacob it could take a while to fall pregnant.

as for the ideal gap its whats ideal for you no on can really say what the best gap is, if i fall straight away jacob will be 21 months, i would have prepered a smaller gap but dont want to risk my scar rupturong after all the problems i've had x
  • Options
    Lizzie is my second baby. There is a 4 and half year age gap between my two girls and I love it but I know this may be way too big a gap for a lot of people. We are not sure if we are going to have another or not yet but if we do we will aim for a similar gap. Our reasons for liking this age gap is, DD1 is at school so I get to spend all day with Lizzie,like i had with DD1, when DD1 gets home from school she has time to play with Lizzie, she likes to read to her,show her toys on her play mat and help me bath her. then when hubby is home, one of us feeds lizzie and the other plays with dd1 on her own and then after dinner, whoever hasnt played with her,baths dd1 and puts her to bed. This way she has time with both of us on her own and time to play with her baby sister and we also get some time alone with lizzie too.
    I love babies but I didnt have a good pregnancy at all with Lizzie (and also had bad SPD with DD1 too) and I know I wouldnt manage with a toddler and being pregnant. Also our final reason, if we do decide to have another baby I need to have finished my uni course!!
    its different for everyone imo.there is only a 20month age gap between me and my sister and we are very close x
  • Options
    I'm the same as Wannababy, we have a 5yr age gap between the girls. We were going to start trying again after 2yrs but then I changed my job and we moved a couple of times and we didn't really have the money. But then we just decided to go for it or we'd be putting it off forever. Altough it turns out 5 years seems to be a great age gap. Jess is at school during the day so I am able to really spend time with Sasha without Jess feeling jealous. Then when she gets home she gets to play with her and is also a great helper fetching nappies, muslins, clean clothes etc.

We are not planning anymore - unless we win the lottery and I wouldn't have to work anymore, then I'd probably have another couple. :lol:
  • Options
    We're thinking of a gap between 2 and 4 years. Think we'll start trying next summer and see what happens! We weren't trying for Cam so I have no idea how long it will take to conceive although I have a sneaky suspicion that my OH has super sperm image hs hs hs. x