Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Slight improvement at night

Let's just say I feel like I've had a bit more sleep! :\) James has been settling really badly over the last few nights, but we seem to be settling half an hour quicker each night. Started at 2.15am on Thursday, was 1.15 am last night. Bonus is he seems to have dropped a night feed, went from 11.45 until 6.45. Now just need him asleep sooner and we've cracked it! I did actually manage to get James to settle himself last night as well. He screamed the first time I put him slightly awake in the crib, so had to pick him up again. Rubbed his back, made sure it wasn't wind, put him back. He wasn't impressed, but surprised me when he didn't actually cry! Used gripe water for the first time yesterday and overnight, never sure if James is going to vomit while he's taking it! But will persist especially during evening feeds. Sorry it's so long, just wanted to tell someone! :lol: xx mithical and James 4 weeks and 2 days.

Replies

• Options
    Thats great news! Glad you've had a bit more sleep - 11.45-6.45...you can't ask for much better than that at this stage can you? Fingers crossed James will keep it up for a couple of nights so you can properly catch up on some sleep

xxx
  • Options
    wow thats longer than jacob has ever gone, well done you!!!!

glad things are improving, we found the gripe water made loads of difference x
  • Options
    Hi Mithical

I'm glad things are getting a bit better for you and you're getting a bit more sleep :\)

Giving the Gripe water does get easier as they get more used to it!

Love NN and Olyvia xxx

http://lb1f.lilypie.com/Tp6A.png

http://lbff.lilypie.com/vBTq.png

• Options
    Seem to be on a roll, although I'm well aware it could all change again! He fed at 10.15 last night, so was sure he wouldn't make it until morning. Took 4 attempts at putting him in the crib, but he went down at 12.10. Started wriggling and groaning with an intermittent cry at 5ish, didn't cry properly until 6 so left him. Fed at 6. So he's definitely improving. How are everyone else's lo's doing with their routines? xx
  • Options
    Glad things seem to be setling down for you. Even just getting one better nights sleep makes all the difference doesn' t it.

Last Sunday morning my and hubby woke up and asked each other who fed him during the night only to discover he'd gone straight through from 10:30 until 7. It turned out to be a one off as I'd expected but just that one unbroken nights sleep was a godsend.

We have quite a good nighttime routine. We dreamfeed Sebastian at 10:30 and he now goes until 4 and then wakes again at 7:30. Evenings have always been our problem but they are getting easier. We've found his dummy really settles him and although we have to keep going up to pop it back in to start with he has normally settled after 1/2 an hour and we have got some time to ourselves.