Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Accident-prone Mummy!

Hi all....I've a quick 5 mins spare so I figured I'd say hello to everyone and see how everyone is getting on...it's insane isn't it - just a few weeks ago this site was our lifeline and kept us all sane while we waited for our babies...we couldn't keep away from the place and could spend hours surfing...oh how those days are gone!! I really honestly can't explain where the time goes, but the hours just seem to disappear in-between feeds...I felt a HUGE achievement yesterday when I managed to give the whole house it's first proper clean since Mia arrived almost 3 weeks ago!!

I also wanted to share that I am such a clumsy mum and I'll be surprised if Mia makes it to her first month without being scarred for life mentally!! I am naturally pretty accident-prone as it is, but with the sleep deprivation as well, it's 10 times worse at the moment! I was in tears the other night when I dropped a small tupperware box of cotton wool on her head....poor mite cried for a couple of seconds but there was no mark or lasting damage, but I was still utterly mortified :cry:

My OH also gasps out loud when I go through doorways with her in my arms as he thinks I'm too close to the frame with her head!! God help the child when her Daddy goes back to work next week!!

Hope you are all well and not dropping weights on your children's heads like some of us!! xx

Replies

• Options
    Oh dear! Lol!!

I'm clumsy when it comes to dropping things too but this tends to be kitchen stuff!!! Lol!!

I also worry about catching her head on the door frame!!

I have been trying to do bits of cleaning inbetween feeds and while Aleia is sleeping. Vacuuming j do when daddy is here and she's awake.

The kitchen has stayed pretty clean but that's prob just where I'm washing bottles twice a day!!! Lol!!

I am managing to skim through posts on my phone whilst feeding or I try to grab a little bit at night!!!

Xxx