Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Best nappies?

Has anyone found a good nappy yet? I use the Eco Nature ones which you can get from Boots. But I'm finding that there are leaks. Stan slept 4 and a half hrs last night before he woke and his nappy was soaked, with wee up his back. He is also getting nappy rash. I thought it could have been the wipes. So, I use water instead. The rash improved but today the rash is back. I've been looking on the net and many seem to rate Tesco nappies.

Replies

• Options
    Hey

I have tried asda, pampers, huggies and boots newborn and my faves are asda by far!!

Boots I found really short in the body, pampers has a funny smell and huggies I just didn't like! Lol!!

Asda I have found to be a good all rounder!! Lol!!

Xxx
  • Options
    We find huggies to be the best for our little boy (although only tried those, pampers and the Eco nappies). We had a problem with them all leaking a bit when he was smaller, but now he is bigger they seem to fit better and (touch wood) rarely leak.

I tried sudocream, metanium and bepanthan for his sore bum, and the bepanthan was by far the best (also read a study by a consultant dermatologist who recommended bepanthan after every nappy change as a barrier). The other thing to consider is thrush-our little man had oral thrush and it caused a rash on his bottom too. I used canestan with hydrocortisone for a week and it cleared it up.
  • Options
    hi.

We tried the eco disposables too and they were horrible, leaked all the time, same with huggies so we're on pampers now, though tbh we're only using disposables until little madam is big enough for the reusables we have (tried her in them last week and they were a disaster lol
  • Options
    We have been using Huggies ( the ones in the cream packaging and the pure baby wipes are part of that range!) To be honest the only reason i got them was because i liked the packaging haha image but now i really like them! we had a few issues with leaking but we found it was due to Tyler drinking sooooo much but now we do a few extra changes and we are getting in great with them! I havnt tried any other nappies so cant really say anything about them.

Hope that helps a little bit!

XX
  • Options
    I agree with prettypink, I tried sudocream and bepanthan and the bepanthan was the best.
  • Options
    we really like the tesco's own brand ones. he's only 2 weeks but we've gone through a load already including, huggies and half a pack of pampers. out of all of them we found it easier to put him in the tescos ones as they just seem to be a better fit for him even when he's wriggling all over the changing mat!

Also he leaked through a lot of the pampers ones!

we've got some of sainsbury's own ones as well so will give them a go next when we've gone through the tescos' ones

xx
  • Options
    I have tried lidl nappies this week and they are fab. We have had no leaks yet. Touch wood. lol
  • Options
    we have so far only tried boots and pampers.

boots were rubbish and also leak so wont use them again!!

parmavoilet girl, lemme know how the sainsburys ones go!!

xx