Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Stimulating baby?

Just wondered what we're all doing at the moment?

Playing, reading, television, singing, counting...?

Replies

• Options
    Singing action rhymes, playing peek a boo, holding rattles above head and getting her to follow the movement, general chatting and silly voice, if possible I sit her on my lap whilst reading to my toddler (although she's not that bothered by books at the mo).

Vicky x
  • Options
    Same as vicky. She has found her voice so we have long chats while she's on her changing mat!! Lol!!

She has a wrist rattle she likes and a few other toys but she's not too keen on them! She does Like football on tv and her brother dancing around to jls!! Lol!!

Xx
  • Options
    Trying to keep Mia's eyes away from the 50inch TV in the room is very difficult!! The bright lights are just too enticing! (One day, I'll be allowed to switch it off!)

I lay Mia in her jungle-gym play mat and play with her there...rattling the toys, setting off the music, doing colours and so on. I also talk to her pretty constantly, and play 'this little piggy' and 'round and round the garden', go out on long walks, and try and hold her attention with rattles and toys, which she tracks and tries to swat away with her fist! Her favourite place of all though, is in her cot with her 'bug' mobile whizzing around her head! Giggles like a mad thing and certainly thinks mummy's intrusion on this game is unwanted! :lol: