Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jan 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

The Diet Thread

So i am very over weight, i'd lost 17lbs before the bfp but in all honesty i'm still over the 20stone mark so i'm terrified.

My dr has said i can continue with slimming world but after a few weeks off the plan i'm back on it, although i am toying with the idea of weight watchers because then i can eat some of the junk i'm craving. :lol:

So is anyone else on a diet?

Replies

• Options
    Hi Buttonbump,

I'm following SW at the moment but I think I have to get my Midwife to sign something off before I can go to meetings, I'm doing it online at the moment. I haven't lost the 3 stone I gained after my DS was born (I only gained 1 stone whilst pregnant, the other 2 came from biscuits and junk after the birth!) so I'm way overweight.

I'm absolutely dreading going to see the midwife and the scan :roll:

I'm really hoping to get my BMI under 30 before the birth if I can.

Check hon, I don't think you can follow WW whilst your pregnant, but I'm pretty sure SW is cleared to follow as it's just healthy eating. We might have to come up with some creative syn use image

xx
  • Options
    I lost 16lbs before our bfp, so I intend on eating carefully during my pregnancy so to minimise the amount I gain. According to those calculators, the max I should gain is 1st 1lb, so its going to be hard work, but I think as long as you get plenty of nutrients, you should be fine x
  • Options
    think i'll just stick with slimming world, i always go overboard with ww.
  • Options
    best get back to it then.

I had a bit of a scare yesterday, my cousin pointed out that i'm not supposed to be drinking coke image it never occurred to me about the caffine, i drink loads of it and at the moment its the only thing stopping me feeling sick. Hubby has got me some ribena so guess i'm off fizzy.
  • Options
    a glass or two of coke doesnt do any harm. far too much of what you can and cant eat in pregnancy i think......maybe im just bitter as i cant eat blue cheese or fried eggs for ages :cry:
  • Options
    i still drink diet coke just one can a day and i still have fried eggs just not as runny as i like, with my son i still ate peanuts. can i start slimming world once pregnant, my current bmi is almost 32, althou lost 4 lb since bfp.
  • Options
    Buttonbump, I'm pretty sure coke make a caffine free version.... let me see if I can find it...

Yep, asda do their own version as well as coke x