Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Scan Date

I just got my 12 week scan date through, it's the 22nd June at 9:40 i'm so excited, can't wait to see baby again.

Just thought i'd share - does anyone else have a date yet?

xx

Replies

• Options
    Ooh how exciting I have mine for the 21st at 9am. I am super excited but nervous as about 10 years ago now I was pregnant and at the scan found out it was a miscarriage. So fc this little bean will be fine. I had an early scan at 6 weeks and the little heart beat was flicking away. X x x
  • Options
    Ahhh hun, that must be scary for you but if you've seen the heartbeat they say the risk of a miscarriage drops. I'm sur you'll have a lovely scan, can't wait to see the pics.

xx
  • Options
    i havnt got a scan date yet, infact i havnt even contacted the doctors/midwife, this is my first pregnancy so i have not got a clue when i should arrange this, im only around 4 weeks at the minute, any advice would be great image x
  • Options
    Hi,

Wait until you're about six weeks and then phone your Dr's surgery and ask what the procedure is in your area. Some areas the GP sees you first and other's you book straight in with the midwife.

You'll see the midwife at around 8 weeks ish to be 'booked in' which is just filling in forms and answering a load of questions mostly about any relevant health issues, diet, lifestyle etc... The midwife will then book you into the hospital you want to give birth in, so have a think about it if you have more than one choice near you. You can change later if you want to (I did this) but it's a bit of a faff. You'll also have a blood and urine test and the midwife will book you in for your 12 week scan.

If you have any questions for her write a list and ask away!

HTH

Mrs B xxx
  • Options
    ok, thank you very much image

xx
  • Options
    Haven't got mine yet and really want it. We've got a group meeting with a midwife Friday, which seems a little weird. We will then find out booking in date with my own midwife, then I will get scan date.

At least something is happening which will hopefully make it a bit more real.
  • Options
    In my area you contact your doctor as soon as you find out you are pregnant and they arrange a booking in appointment with the midwife and scan and you recieve the dates and times in the post within a few weeks. It's been quite easy really. My midwife was also quite on the ball and sorted out my consultant appointments quite quickly.

xx
  • Options
    Woo hoo, I have mine on the 15th June, the day I get back from holiday! Lets hope there are no delays! xx