Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

due dates/early scan advise please

Hi ladies,

I had to go for another early scan today and the sac is now 9.9mm and there is a yolk but there is no fetal pole. the nurse said they may have dated me wrong as they have always dated me from my last period which makes me 6+6 today. has everyone else been dated this way or have u been dated from date of ov? I have to go back in a weeks time to get another scan but im scared that wee bubba hasnt formed image

Replies

• Options
    Hiya, I know lots of people this has happened too and everything been fine. Depends when you ovulated, you could be later than 14 days. How long are your cycles normally? All bubbas grow at different rates. I know its horrid waiting, i've been there myself but they can catch up. good luck xx
  • Options
    thanks for ur reply. i dont have regular cycles at all we conceived using clomid as i have pcos. from when i ovulated it would make me currently 4+6 so i just hope the hospital has dated me wrong and there is still hope for lil bean!

Also thanks for your reassurance. xx
  • Options
    Hi, if you think you ovulated when you did then your dates would tie up to your scan. I remember having a scan and I was just under 5 weeks and all they could see was sac and egg yolk which they said was normal for that stage and was viable. Trust your instinct, they arent always right, everyone ovulates at different times and depends when it implanted too. Let us know how you get on x
  • Options
    I had some early scans hun and at around 5 weeks all they saw was a gestational sac and the yolk - a few days before all i had was a gestational sac so things change really quickly. I had another scan at 7 weeks 1 day and the baby was there with it's heartbeat flickering away.

Good luck hun.

xx
  • Options
    G/C from DIS but your due date is normally taken from the start of your last bleed. With early scans it can take time to see something on the screen, depending on your baby's growth rate (mine didn't show on screen until 8wks into term and even then looked like a small dot). Trust your own instincts, you'll generally know what feels right and what feels wrong.
  • Options
    Due is usually calculated from the first date of your last period. Also, I'm the same as mildred scans wise and what we could see.