Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Gender Speculation

Has anyone got any hunches?

I'm having some really weird food stuff which I didn't have with DD.

I need ice cold lemon squash (which I don't normally like), chicken in breadcrumbs and beef Hula Hoops.

I suppose it's a craving but it's the only thing that stops me feeling sick. I also thought cravings didn't happen until later.

I had sickness with DD too, but nothing eased it and I didn't crave certain foods like this. So for that reason I think I'm having a boy!

We're staying Team Yellow but I love the speculation.

Mrs B xxx

Replies

• Options
    I'm craving beef hula hoops too, and just had asda's version of popcorn chicken!

I was craving grapes & orange juice at first, but because my nausea has gone up a notch, i'm craving savory & salty things now as everything else is too rich. I'm convinced ours will be a boy too just because hubs is very windy, and i've had nothing but bloating and wind! :lol: x
  • Options
    this pregnancy is alot rougher for me than the last one so far so im hoping as im a bit different it will be a girl, not that i would mind a boy but there seems to be an abundance of boys in my family and no girlies image
  • Options
    I was very sick all the time with DD, and only once this time.
  • Options
    Ohh I love a bit of speculation... I think I must be having another little man, as other than two random weeks of sickness, one of which before I knew I was pregnant (thought it was a bug) then since week five nothing. I never had anything with my two boys, so think we are with blue bump. Although I am really tired which is worse than anything I had with my boys, so really who knows could be a long 33 remaining weeks, if I keep guessing and changing my mind, you'll all wish I'd just find out!

We are staying team yellow too, i love a good suprise! :lol:
  • Options
    well i was totally wrong with toby, i was totally convinced i was having a boy. I think a boy again i dont really know why but will be having a gender scan at 17 weeks to find out. I would love to have a surprise but am terribly impatient. x
  • Options
    I'm convinced we are having a little girl! Mainly because before i found out i was pregnant i'd dreamt i was pregnant and baby was going to be a girl!

We are staying team yellow so going to have to wait until january to find out!
  • Options
    I love the guessing. I think i'm having a girl because of when i ovulated and some old wives tales that my mum swears by how she got me and my bros. Altho did the chinese gender prediction online the other day and it said boy. Plus boys are so much more common in my family.

Going to find out as soon as poss tho cos hubby and i are both inpatient

• Options
    I'm convinced i'm having a boy - my husband is one of four buys. However, the chinese gender predictor said girl. I'm also a bit worried of the possibility of twins as my moms auntie had 2 sets!
  • Options
    i think im having another girl as i feel as rough as i did wiv DD and with DS i dint really have any sickness at all! the only thing to stop me throwing up is pepsi max which im not sure is the best thing as i was going throu 2L a day before i found out i was pg! i am now limiting myself to a pint a day!!! :lol:

kelz xx
  • Options
    i havnt really got any strange feelings about what i might have, there are a lot of girls in my family, i have one brother and 3 sisters :O my sister also has 2 girls and one boy... my little nephew reallys wants a boy... someone to play with bless him, although im secretly hoping for a girl image OH wants a boy... we are going to find out... if we can... and cant wait image

xxx
  • Options
    My mum and sister think I'm having a boy. I do feel different this time, still very little sickness.
  • Options
    I feel the same as last time so I'm thinking boy again. x
  • Options
    no idea- first baby so cant compare to another pregnancy either lol. Im craving ice cold lemon squash too monkeynuts! and ice pops! Ive been feeling very sicky which lasts on and off all day but so far havnt been sick.

I think we are staying team yellow,although some people are telling me i should find out. xxx
  • Options
    I think i'm having a girl, i've felt really sick and had bad greasy skin which i didn't have with my son apart from that my cravings have been mushrooms and bacon or BLT's more specificallly. With my son i went off chocolate and lettuce.

I also dreamt it was a boy, when i was pregnant with Remy i dreamt he was a girl.

xx
  • Options
    I think possibly girl, don't mind though, hubby would like a girl. I'd love a boy first but we don't mind either way.

Is anyone going to have a private gender scan, hubby and I really want to go to babybond and have one in 10 weeks.

Mrs T + 6mm bump! x
  • Options
    you cant hae a gender scan at 10 weeks as it is too early. We are going to have a priate gender scan at about 17 weeks - we did with toby and it was amazing - well worth eery penny. Congrats as well x
  • Options
    Lol no in 10 weeks, when baby is 16 weeks image xxx
  • Options
    They tell you at 20 weeks in my local hospital (if you want to know) so i'll be finding out then... Can't wait. There is always the nub theory to keep us going until then.

xx