Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

annoyed

my scan isnt until the 11th of july i will be nearly 14 weeks, not fair :evil:

Replies

• Options
    That's a bit late isn't it? I thought you had to have the nuchal translucency by 13 weeks and 3 days? Maybe call up and ask?

xx
  • Options
    i only wanted a dating scan, declined the other scans for downs etc just a personal issue towards scanning for disabilities etc x
  • Options
    upside i might be able to sneak at the genitals lol
  • Options
    I've not had my date through yet! I hope I'm not waiting too long x
  • Options
    i had a scan booked for 29th june but had to cancel as ill be away then .. i rang my hospital and they had nothing before in go and nothing untill after 12th july... so i decided to phone other local hospitals and managed to get a scan the week for i go .. u cou;ld try that
  • Options
    I'm not having downs screaning either. We didn't with dd as we wouldn't have an amnio so for us there's no point.
  • Options
    i will just hold out i think, im very impatient and it qwould be nice to break the news to the whole world and feel sound in my mind that baby is ok but the weeks will soon dissapear, cant believe im nearly 10 weeks now image
  • Options
    same here renee and the screening is a 50 percent chance of spotting it or something so if you had the amnio you could be putting pregnancy at risk for no reason...i myself couldnt get an abortion if they found downs on my child, ive looked after the most amazing people of which have had downs and the world would be a cold empty place without their pure kindness innocence and love. although maybe its different if their is a strong history of it in a family...i dunno, midwife looked at me like i was mad when i said no, but i just said i would love baby however it comes out
  • Options
    I'm not getting my scan until 5th july - i'll be 13+1 by then! I was really annoyed when the letter came thru, have calmed down now tho.

I thought it was so late because i'd opted screening but maybe not x
  • Options
    think it depends on where you live aswell butterflies, where i live hospitals are few and far between and we only have one that does proper hospital things so must be quite a heavy load
  • Options
    I think so - we have three hospitals in the surrounding area but my midwife

Said she has a large caseload of pg women at the minute x
  • Options
    must be the spring air lol
  • Options
    Or something in the water haha x