Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I've caved

Hi Ladies

Today I totally caved and booked a private scan for tomorrow at 1.10pm.

I know it's wasting money, yar de yar but I am so paranoid it's worth it, since losing all my symptoms and not putting any weight on at all or even being bloated, I decided to put my mind at ease, hopefully.

I cant wait another 3 or 4 weeks feeling like this... I was supposed to be writing a contract at work today and got absolutley sweet F A done because all I could think was what if this and what if that.

My Hubby is going to kill me! Just wanted to see some opinions before I spring it on other half when he gets back from work :roll:

Replies

• Options
    i think its your choice, its your body and if you feel the need to worry, then have the scan done... fingers crossed everything goes ok for you xx
  • Options
    Do it hub, it is so worth the money for peace if mind!!! Xx
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies, I'm telling him when he gets home, AND I am not going to feel guilty about it, I just need some reassurance, and besides it's booked now so it's too late for him to say no anyway image
  • Options
    I am in the same position as you don't really have any symptoms bow and haven't done since week 9ish. I would be booking one if it wasn't for my scan being on Tuesday. Let us know how yOu get on and hope your oh understands how important this is to you x x
  • Options
    If you're worried, it's definitely worth it for the reassurance, the last thing you need is unnecessary stress especially if it's affecting your work.

Once your DH sees his little jelly baby wiggling on the screen and a tiny little heart beat he'll forget all about the cost and being annoyed!

Mrs B x
  • Options
    i would have one if they did them in my area and i had more money...can hardly afford to wipe my bum at the moment lol defo go for it even if he is angry he will get over it. whats an arguement for peace of mind about your babyimage
  • Options
    Thanks Guys, Well I told hubby and..............he was fine about it, said pretty much what you guys have, roll on tomorrow.
  • Options
    Hi

Just popping by from DID. I had an early scan at 7wk +5 which we paid for ourselves. It has to be the best money I've ever spent. I had tears in my eyes when I seen my little bean. If I have more children I'd do it again, it gave me peace of mind.
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies, went for my scan today, little pappon is doing great, measured just right and has a little beating heart, bought a tear to my eye seeing all looking fine, worth every penny x
  • Options
    awww bless you... how far gone are you? xx
  • Options
    I am 8 weeks 4 days, roll on twelve weeks so I can see the little one again image
  • Options
    So pleased it was all ok hun, it's amazing when you see the little heart beat.

xx