Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

10 weeks home and still 'knicker checkong'

Well I am about 10 wks now, and I'm still so paranoid!!!! I only found out I was of on mon so think that's y lol ( iv missed the real early days so panicking now) I had a scan in the wk and everything was fine, there was a hb and bubs was happy moving about! Just wish I could relax abit now!!! Is anyone else feeling like this or is it just me lol

Kel xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hey Kel, I am a nervous wreck I was with my other two so don't know why I expected anything else. You're just prob in shock, it's a big thing to find out when you had no idea! you'll take a few weeks to get your head around the suprise!

Can I ask, I am 8wks 4days and if you just had a scan at about 9 weeks is it done on your belly, not internally? I never thought to ask when I booked!
  • Options
    i am a wreck - i have had 4 scans so far due to bleeding and every time there is a beautiful little baby (we did lose a twin though).

with regard to the scan , at 9 weeks mine would have to be internally as i am rather chubby - well fat really! so the picture is obscured. So it might depend on your build.

An internal scan does not hurt at all - i have had 4 done and i am amazed that even though you think they are going to be really intrusive it really isnt and is worth seeeing beanie!

Have fun and enjoy x
  • Options
    I'm slim so is that likely to be belly? I can't quite get my head around how they do it internally??? I take it the thing they use is NOT the same size as the belly one image
  • Options
    I am a nervous wreck too. Doesn't help most of my symptoms have gone. Apart from the exhaustion. I have my 12 week scan on tuesday which I am so nervous about ad quite a few years ago I had a missed mc which was picked up at 12 week scan. I think it's very nervous for us all to feel like this.I had an early scan at 6 weeks and it was a tummy one and I am skinny but they did say they sometimes have to do internal ones x x
  • Options
    am very paranoid and anxious but thats cos i still havent had a scan yet....not for another 3 weeks....longest wait ever image
  • Options
    I'm a manic knicker checker too. I was with toddles too until she was born!
  • Options
    I had a scan at 5+4 with toddles and it was internal and at 8+4 it was abdominal. I'm a size 8. Hth
  • Options
    I'm an average size 12 (BMI 22) and had a scan at 7 weeks externally and they could see everything they needed to.

I have had an internal scan with a previous pregnancy which ended in MC at 8 weeks. They started externally but couldn't see what they wanted to see so did one internally as well. If everything is fine and normal there shouldn't be any need for an internal at 8 weeks. If they do, they use a different attachment for the scanner which basically looks like a long thin dildo, and they put a condom like cover on it and loads of jelly. It's fine, and doesn't hurt at all - it's a bit undignified but that's par for the course, when you give birth everyone wants to be up there!

Good luck with your scan x
  • Options
    Just seen the thread title has come up knicker checkong!! Damn iPhone!!! Ah I'm glad it's not just me then, my scan was on my belly by the way. I keep getting tummy pains but sure that's either stretching pains or wind!!!! Lol xx