Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Itchy

Everywhere! Anyone else feeling itchy? I am especially legs and arms, even side of my face!

I'm 10 weeks, not sure it happened this early in my last pgy . It might be unrelated

can't sleep so thought to have a rant. If anyone can tell me I'm normail I will be very happy indeed image

Sb xxx

Replies

• Options
    hi, i was reading my maternity notes as i was going through to see when my next appointment is and at the back it had a list of things that mean you should ring the midwife....not trying to scare you but was worried when i read it......persistent itching can be a sign of a liver condition in pregnancy have you tried googling it to see if its normal or not.....i suspect its a prob in later pregnancy but to be on the safe side its was called liver cholestitis or something technical like that x
  • Options
    thanks for this

yes i have heard about this but as far as i know, if hands are itchy then its a sign of problem - but i will look it up just to be sure!!

more itchy in the evening times, i will ring midwife tomorrow dont want to sound silly as i was itchy last time too and everything was ok then

thanks again

xx
  • Options
    G/C from DIS but wanted to ask whether you have any known allergies as pregnancy can make the symptoms of allergy ten times worse. I have hayfever and was told by MW to start taking antihystemine in March before season kicked in so I'd have some immunity built up. Still suffering slightly and am very itchy if anyone has been cutting grass in the area.
  • Options
    hi KazzieM

Thanks for your post. No, i have no allergies! my hubby has asthma and hayfever etc but im fine! i thought it might just be the funny weather