Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Random Questions

Hi Ladies,

Hope you are all enjoying the sunshine where you are. I had the most unpleasent journey this morning on the train and tube!!! Just brought a ??2.00 handheld fan in Sainsburys - hoping that will help on the way home in rush hour!! Lets all be thankful we are not 6-9 months pregnant doing the commutes in this heat.

So I have a couple of random questions if you don't mind.

1 - When do you start using stretch mark cream? I don't want to be dramatic and use it too early but I also don't want to use it too late!

2 - Hair Dye - Did any of you use home hair dye before you found out you was pregnant? Are you still using it now or should you wait until after your 1st scan? My hair is in diar need of a colour but have read conflicting information!

Thanks

D xx

Replies

• Options
    G/C from DIS.

I am 30+ weeks and the heat is killing me image

I'm not sure about stretch mark cream as I have never bothered to use it.

They say hair dye is fine after 12 weeks although I know loads of people who use it before and are fine with it. Just remember you may not get the colour you were expecting as your hormones can effect the dye x
  • Options
    I'd start using now, maybe the oil in your bath. Basically, its good for your skin anyway, so why not? I have one stretch mark on my boob from having toddles. And some on the inside of my thighs, nothing offensive.
  • Options
    I cant remember when I started using it before, although like Renee says its good for your skin! I think I will start soon as its better to get your skin supple for stretching!

As for hair dye, Im not sure but I do know the pigment of your hair changes in pregnancy so the dye may not take. I would say in terms of colour you'd be safer if you are brown rather than blonde and it going orange! I think a lot of dyes nowadays dont have the amonia in them so they should be safe. Unless it says on the leaflet not to use whilst pregnant.

xxx