Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone told work yet?

I've been trying to all week, but my boss who I thought was back from holiday on Monday, wasn't actually until Wednesday and has now been off sick since then! I've psyched myself up to tell her, and am really conscious of showing, and the rest of my team guessing i just want to get it over with. Have had my scan so know everything is ok.

Every morning I've come in thinking today's the day, and now I've got to wait until Monday AGAIN!

Replies

• Options
    I had to tell as was starting to show and some of my team asked if I was pg which I denied.

Just take a deep breath and tell them Monday morning, your be fine and they will all be very pleased for you xx
  • Options
    Not yet, i'm too chicken.
  • Options
    I have, i told my line manager straight away because i was so sick and needed time off for appointments.

I told the rest of the team and the director last week after my scan, which i was dreading but it honestly isnt as bad as i thought it would be! Just go in and tell them, they'll be chuffed to bits for u.

Only thing is one girl wants to know everything and talk about babies constantly which is driving me insane! Lol
  • Options
    I eventually told another director, as it's possible my director won't be in for all of next week, and I've got a hospital appointment on Wednesday and didn't want to have to continue making excuses. Plus most of my family and friends now and I'm worried someone is going to comment on facebook and them find out.

He was fine, said congratulations etc., and that he wouldn't tell anyone else until I did!

Phew, thank goodness that's over!
  • Options
    I was going to say to tell them on a friday, then they've got the weekend to accept it. I did this with my boss, as he's a bit of a workaholic and doesn't like people having time off at all. It worked pretty well as he came back on the monday and has been quite nice! x