Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

A scan to remember!!! LOL

Finally had my scan today!! image

I have been so worried that everything was going to be ok and thought my heart was going to burst out of my chest it was beating so hard. Within a second though I could see the little monkey kicking around.

The lady couldn't get the baby to get in the right position to get all the measurements. She asked me to move from side to side several times which didn't work then I tried coughing, still wouldn't move!

Then after nearly 25 minutes of my wiggling and shaking about she asked me to get on all fours on the bed, put my bum in the air and head down and wiggle my bum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought she was joking to start with but she wasn't!! So I did it (like you do).......... was extremely embarrassing and also very, very funny and the baby still didn't move; will be having words with the little pickle once she/he is here about that!!

Ended up being scanned for over half hour and finally got the measurements as baby just moved on its own without any movement/shaking from me!!

Anyway, all is well after two previous miscarriages! Third time lucky so far image

EDD is 20th Jan! YAY!

Rachel xx

Replies

• Options
    g/c but i had to reply cos it made me giggle so much!! i cant believe they had you on all fours-my dh would have been creased up on the floor if thatd happened to me !!! good luck and i hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy x x :lol:
  • Options
    I know!! LOL. My OH was cracked up and asked if a camera crew was behind the curtain!!

I also had a trainee sat at the end of the bed!!! Poor girl........ Not the best view! ha ha!!

Rxx
  • Options
    rofl image I'd have been in hysterics!!! :lol::lol:

Mrs T and bump xxx
  • Options
    Hahaha that's fantastic, glad all went well xx
  • Options
    Hehe, that's so funny. I had to jump around a few times with my belly hanging out which was bad enough, but all fours sounds hilarious!!

Glad all's ok

xx
  • Options
    Brilliant, are you sure she wasn't winding you up?

Glad the scan went well and you got the measurements

xx
  • Options
    Haha hilarious! I also have a lazy baby however didnt have to get on all fours for s/he to move!

Glad everything went well tho! X x
  • Options
    will look out for you on an 'outtakes from one born every minute' ha ha. i bet the sonographers cant believe the power they have...there arent many people that could say 'get on all fours!', and you'd just do it! x