Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jan 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Boys Names - Inspiration please!

Hello everyone,

Hubby and I are really struggling to decide on a boys name, we have our girls names (Freya, Lucy or Sophie/Sophia with Jennifer as middle name) but cann't agree on a boys name. We know we would like Thomas as his middle name (MIL's maiden name) but first names are eluding us!

We already have a Zachary so we'd ideally like something that goes with this. We'd also like an unusual name but nothing too wacky, as well as a nice child's name but something suitable as an adult or if he became a lawyer or something.

Expectations too high.....I think so!

Any suggestions would be great! Thanks.

Replies

• Options
    G/c from DIN - We have decided on the boys name Nathan, don't know if it's the kind of thing you're after. My friend called her little boy Alexander x
  • Options
    I really like Milo for a boy x
  • Options
    I'm the same, cant think of many boy's names but I dont know what I'm having yet! My OH loves Preston but I dont!
  • Options
    I'm the same, cant think of many boy's names but I dont know what I'm having yet! My OH loves Preston but I dont!
  • Options
    Aidan, alexander, barnaby, george, henry, sebastian, lucian, gabriel, paul (VERY few pauls under 18!) Seth, johnathan, noah.
  • Options
    We've agreed on Cameron or Ethan for a boy but other than that i have no suggestions! Its so hard finding something u both like eh?! I do like George & Harry but DH doesn't image

We are having Emilie May if baby is a girl! God only knows what we are gunna do if baby is a girl and doesnt look like an Emilie coz we cannot agree on anything else!
  • Options
    we are having a boy and going round the houses with names but keep coming back to Lewis... i also like Travis, Tyler and Dylan but hubby doesnt like any of them!!!
  • Options
    the other problem is other people have the names we like, e.g. our nephew is Ethan, my cousin is Cameron, my best friend is George, I have two cousins called Lewis. We don't want anything beginning with 'H' as our surname begins with a 'H'!!! The other name we both liked was Finley but our friends named one of their twins that.....It's so hard!

quite like Seth and Noah - although my friend has juist said that Seth sounds very americanised!
  • Options
    hiya

Me too. i need inspiration! hubbie and i just cannot agree. i like names such as Xavier, Josiah, Sebastien, Emmanuel, Ashby but he doesn't - he likes all the boring names.

i am willing for inspiration to hit me in the face sometime soon!

good luck finding yours huni

R xx
  • Options
    Boy names are tricky, I already have 2 boys, my eldest is called Rhys Liam and my youngest is called Henry Maxwell. I am having a pink bundle this time but if it was going to be another blue one we were thinking about Lucas, Cameron and Edward. I also like the name Nile spelt Niall though in the traditional way but hubby hated it.
  • Options
    Hubby and I really like the name Jacob if we're having a boy. That was the name we were going to choose if we were having a boy first time round. However, there's a few Jake's around since then so now I'm not so sure. Don't you just hate it when others pick the names you want!! xx
  • Options
    My little boy is called Remy William, we are still working on a name for our little pink bundle xx