Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Can't keep it quiet anymore!

We had our 20 week scan last week, and the sonographer told us the sex they thought the baby was, but couldn't be 100% sure because the little bugger was being awkward, but there was definately an absence of any dangly parts, which means its probably a GIRL!

We were very shocked, as I was convinced we were having a boy, and most of my family think its a boy too! x

Replies

• Options
    Hehe, don't blame you hun, I wanted to shout it from the rooftops once we'd found out. I too was convinced it was a boy but am having a girl. Have you bought any girl bits yet or waiting to have it confirmed? Do your family know yet?

Congratulations!!

• Options
    No we've not bought any girly stuff yet, because we've got to go for another scan next tues because they couldn't get all the measurements they needed, so hopefully it'll be confirmed then, and we can spill the beans to our families.

We didn't want to say anything in case the sonographer got it wrong first time round, but I defo didn't see any dangly parts so I would say its probably about a 90% chance its a girl.

I was that convinced I was having a boy, that I wasn't even bothered about looking at girly stuff, and kept referring to my bump as a he! :lol:

Have you bought anything yet? x
  • Options
    LOL, congrats on your (very probably) team pink news!

I was the same as you only the other way round, was totally convinced I was having a girl, only to see some very definite dangly bits on the scan !!!! I'd spent ages looking at girls names and thinking of all the lovely pretty cloths I was going to get, only to have to re-think completely!

Hope you get all the measurements done at the second scan, we had to go back for a second scan too as our little scamp wouldn't get the right position to finish all the checks either!

xx
  • Options
    Hey Lady is broody!

Same for me, had my 20 week scan last week but baby was lying awkwardly when she was checking the sex, they said it looks more girl than boy at the moment, so didn't sound too definite!!

When she was taking measurements I was sure I saw testicles, so when I have my next scan at 32 weeks I'm gonna ask for them to double check.

• Options
    Woohoo welcome to the pink club hun xx
  • Options
    Congratulations on your most possibly pink bundle! I found out the sex with my first who was a girl. As my friend put it, the girly bits on the scan look like a burger bap!
  • Options
    Woo hoo congrats lib, you have kept that very quiet. Make sure you let us know for definate though xx
  • Options
    my sonogropher said they can never say for definate???
  • Options
    Yeah ours said about 95% of the time they are right, but it was because it was a bad picture because of the way the baby was laying that she said it'd be best to get a 2nd opinion at our next scan. If they say they think its a girl too, then we're happy to go with the 2 sonographers opinions x