Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Baby monitors???

Hi ladies,

Almost ready for bumps arrival - cant believe s/he is due in 8+3!!

Anyway was looking at baby monitors in babies r us and boots earlier and not sure which to get. Any suggestions?

We dont want to spend a fortune but i was sumthing with room temp and preferably 2 way talking...not so fussed about the mat that senses movement as ive heard a lot of negative feedback about them. So any suggestions please?

Em

32 + 4

Replies

• Options
    We've had the older version of this one...

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-Us/Nursery/Monitors-and-Nightlights/BT-Baby-Monitor-BT250(0084147)

... for two years now and it's never let us down.

It's really sensitive - I can here DD breathing - and the sound is really clear with no crackle. I bought it because my sister-in-law recommended it. I know a few people who have one and I've never heard any complaints.

Originally we got the Phillips Avent one with the humidity sensor and it was rubbish, it used to cut out all the time and we had two with the same fault before I swapped to the BT one.

Good luck!

Mrs B xxx
  • Options
    We've got the BT 250 as well. Obviously not actually used it yet apart from me and DH playing with and talking to each other on the two way talk!! Still children at heart. This seems a really good one and has good reviews. I think the price ranges between ??50 - 80 depending where you get it. We got it off the internet and it was about ??55. image
  • Options
    We have the tommee tippee one it's on sale at the minute I'n mother care for ??60
  • Options
    I wasn't going to get a monitor with my first as I was worried it would make me paranoid! But my son was a really noisy sleeper who would then go deathly quiet. After a couple of weeks of us jumping out of bed everytime he went quiet we invested in the Angelcare monitor, the one with the pad under the mattress. I know you said you didn't want one with a pad but I have to say it was one of the best things I bought. It has a sound monitor as well but we didn't really use this, the benefit was knowing if he stopped breathing an alarm would sign!

We've kept our monitor and will be using it with this one, and I would definitely recommend it time and time again!
  • Options
    We've been through 2 Tomy ones. The first we thought had died but has now sprung back to life which is great so we have one for baba 2 and one which we still use for DS1 as we can't hear him across the house when he does wake up.

Found them really good at what they do though battery life is a bit naff. 2nd one we got has a toddler function which is fantastic - it turns off the sound after 15 seconds and the sound only comes back on if the noise goes above a set level. It cuts out virtually all the noises that older children make so you can get a better nights sleep while not having to have it in place when you've got a younger baby and want to hear every mood.

Key bit of advice is get a digital as the analogue ones tend to be more problems than they are worth due to interference, especially if you've got wifi, wireless phones etc. SIL had one first time around and most of the time there was so much interference it would have driven me nuts. Much clearer sound on digital too.
  • Options
    Thank u ladies - will have a look at all the ones u recommend!

Its so hard to choose which one u want! image