Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Indigestion joy !

Hey Girls

Anyone else suffering with the dreaded acid indigestion? Mine is dreadful at the moment. Am 33 weeks. I was lucky that last time around my daughter was breech but this one isn't so i'm getting terrible indigestion.

Was awake in the middle of the night for an hour eating antacids!! It's getting to the stage where i dread mealtimes and don't want to eat as i know i'll suffer afterwards. ugh, not enjoying this side to pregnancy at all!

How is everyone doing sleepwise? I'd forgotten how much like hard work the 3rd trimester is!!

ah well, 7 weeks to go!

R xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi ya

Yep am 33 weeks too and also having really bad indigestion - been getting worse for the last few weeks... also seems to be worse at night when am in bed... must be from lying down... thank heavens for Gaviscon..!!! which reminds me I must buy more!

Am so glad I am finishing work soon, 2.5 weeks to go and counting... can then crack all my xmas shopping (mostly online orders I feel this year!) and put my feet up for the last couple of weeks... well that's my plan... just hope BabyB plays along too!!

xx
  • Options
    Yes, really bad but had it bad in last pregnancy so was expecting it! Was very uncomfortable Sunday night and had to go get some Gaviscon in work yesterday as I was so uncomfortable. Today has been much better although I am planning a trip to the doctors to get some Gaviscon on prescription, no way am I paying for it when I can get it on prescription and for free!!

I guess that means we're all going to have hairy babies, my son had a thick mop of hair!
  • Options
    heartburn heartburn heartburn! had it since i was about 10 weeks but now its raging...all bloody day.....had a glass of milk for breakfast....got to school to drop my son off and i could hardly breath because of the burning.....after lunch nearly puked in the shop as the acid came up my throat, currently getting through a small bottle of gaviscon every two days...tablets do nothing absolute rubbish lol. apart from that sleepwise by bedtime my pelvis feels as tho it has been cracked in half and baby seems to be on one side up near ribs so can hardly move....as you can tell im not the most bloomiest pregnant woman lol
  • Options
    Me....the only thing that seems to take it away is ice cream....it has to be the mr whippy stuff tho...or maybe thats just in my head!

I cant stand the liquid gaviscon so am constantly eating the chewable ones! Mine seems to be worse on a night and when i lie on my left side....cant wait to get this little monkey out now! I do think its gunna be a baldy nut tho - just like me and DH were when we were born, if s/he has any hair i will be suprised!

E x
  • Options
    Yip me too! I quite often have reflux and it burns my throat and tongue, its so sore!

Im going through 2 big bottles of peptac a week just now.

My DD was also breech and I didnt have it so bad with her, was more heartburn after my evening meal but this time its all day everyday and through the night!

As for the thick mop of hair.... my DD was bald til she was over a year old!

Im trying to take my mind of it and prepare the house for baby coming!

xxx
  • Options
    Gpac, you seem to be having a really rough time of it. Hope baby comes soon for u.

I've been quite lucky as I've not really suffered indigestion apart from the odd bought here and there. I think baby has had a growth apurt this week and is now crushing my stomach into my diaphragm. I've not been able to sleep the last few nights due to indigestion and baby sitting practically sitting in my throat image But I am not complaining as I've had it nowhere near as badly as you ladies. X
  • Options
    I've not particularly had indigestion as much as I've had reflux and heartburn. I echo your feeling about the feeling of having your stomach crushed into your diaphragm, my little girl seems to spend most of her day rubbing her bum against my diaphragm and pushing out in all directions to try and make more room in there.

Sleeping is much harder now because of my tum being so big. Scary to think that I've got potentially another 11 weeks of this! X