Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Late for a very important date!

It's official, bubs is 1 day and soon to be 2 days late.

I've just got back from my midwife appointment and she reckons I'm.1cm dilated with a very low cervix. She gave me an unofficial sweep. Apparently they don't do it until 41 weeks in my area. She reckons baby will come in the next few days so I'm back on the ball, bouncing away. Fingers crossed I'll have good news soon.

Replies

• Options
    oooh exciting!! image if i remember rightly arnt u from hampshire? i remember begging my midwife for a sweep and she wouldnt do it! i only went 4 days over so not too bad, im not due until mon so a few days left for me!!

look forward to hearing some exciting news soon!! image xx
  • Options
    G/C but wanted to say its 41wks officially in our area too. Both my girls were late, DD1 8days & DD2 7days so I know it isn't fun. Have you been booked for induction yet? Both mine came the day before I was booked to be induced :lol:
  • Options
    hey me too. 2 days overdue tomorrow as well. I have an appt at the hospital in the morning to be assessed as i begged my midwife to now allow me to go long term overdue. was ten days last time. i'm concerned as it's a boy so he'll defo be bigger than his sister who was 8 lbs. midwife reckons he's and i quote ' a fair size' sooooo tomorrow they will scan to see how big he is. if he's big i'm going to insist they either induce or do a c sec! i am NOT waiting !!!
  • Options
    This one is a big one too. Had a scan 2 weeks ago and it was over 8lbs then plus its head is measuring a fair size.

I've not been booked for an induction. Next mw appointment is at 41+1 so hopefully it will already be here by then.

Hey kelmouk. Yes, a fellow hants lass. The mw offered to do the sweep as soon as I got in the office so I was super happy as I was going to ask but thought I'd be met with a refusal. So now the waiting game.

Good luck at the hospital babyvogue.
  • Options
    Come on baby GP we want to meet you and mummy wants cuddles xx