Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jan 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Looking forward to walking again!

Hey Ladies!

Can't believe its our month now..... YAY!! How's everyones pelvic/spd issues?

I've been on crutches/wheelchair for nearly 3 months and can hardly walk. Its such a shame as my pregnancy has been all about my walking/pain, etc rather than getting excited and out shopping for new baby image

Haven't posted for a while as its been getting me down and didnt want to be a misery gutts but now only two weeks to go feel bit better!

Midwife said she will do a sweep on my due date to help me out but they won't do anything else before as baby is happy and healthy so i just need to get on with it (which is true).

GOOD LUCK and hope everyone is ok image

Rachel xx

Replies

• Options
    Ahh Rach sounds like you have had a nightmare. I really hope bubba will come for you soon and you can start walking around again soon xx
  • Options
    I can totally sympathise Rachel. Hope buba does come a little early so you can start getting better sooner rather than later. Don't forget to make sure you get some physio after babe is born so they can pick up if there are any lingering issues that have been caused.

I managed to make it through to mid-Dec before they issued crutches (though in truth it would probably have been easier if they had been issued earlier). Finished work now so in some ways good and in some ways bad. The hip pain is back with a vengence and the pains I had with the SPD around week 20-27. Our house is too small to easily use the crutches, but they've already been useful with the final week of work and the xmas hols when we had to do some walking.

now it's into the final month I'm hoping baba does come early. I'm going to have a fair amount of work to do when he is born as I've lost virtually all muscle in my left buttock and hip. At the moment I'm noticing that I'm virtually dragging my left leg along and barely able to pick it up off the ground.

Here's to being able to hand back the crutches!!!
  • Options
    oh bless u hun! i also have spd but nowhere near as bad as you by the sounds of it!! i have exercises to do which do help wen i get round to doing them (with a 5yr old and 2yr old its hard to get 20 mins to myself lol) i have been feeling real pressure down below the last few days which has been awful, i saw midwife today and i am 3/5ths engaged so its prob that!

not much longer for us all now! image xx
  • Options
    Oh poor you that sounds awful, I haven't got SPD but bubs has been laying on my sciatic nerve since before Xmas so I have had really bad pain down my right buttock and leg since then, have tried everything to get him to move but he seems to have found a comfy spot for him!! Having said that it does seem a wee bit better this morning and am getting lots of pressure down below now so hopefully means he is moving further down and then out - due date tomorrow so really want him to arrive SOON!

Good luck all