Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jan 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Oligohydramnios (low fluids)

Has anyone else been diagnosed with this? I got told the largest pocket of fluid I have is less than 3cm deep, which is classed as severely low, and now i'm super worried!

The consultant has booked me in for an induction on tuesday 17th (day before my dd) but i've got to go back for another fetal monitoring session on friday as they're worried that the placenta is failing! x

Replies

• Options
    Hi hun, not got that but at 30 wks was told I had the opposite, polyhydromis, ie too much fluid, which could have been indication baby not growing, they monitored and at 34 wk scan levels were back within normal ranges, but hasn't stopped me still being bit worried, the only thing I guess is if the consultant thought it was majorly dangerous for your baby you'd be in hosp now and scheduled before the 17th..... Try not to worry (I know easier said than done) and see what they say on Friday, but if at any time before then you are worried about bubs or you stop feeling bubs move as much ring the hospital for advice.

Take care

Xxxx