Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Struggling with sickness

Hi girls, Really struggling with sickness all day I am eating before getting up, then puking, eating little and often all day but never fancy anything to eat coz I feel so sick, making dinner is a nightmare and having a toddler is awful hard work!!!!all I want to do is nap all day to escape the sickness.got a prescription from go for tablets but they made me sleepy so can't take them!any other suggestions or anyone experiencing similar?xx

Replies

• Options

I have heard that ginger is good for naturally reducing nausea.  A colleague of mine used to drink ginger tea and eat dried stem ginger. 

• Options
    Could you contact your GP to see if there is an alternative anti sickness medicine you can take? X
  • Options
    I may have to do that sah83 I have tried ginger everything,nothing is working!!!! Hubby is away tonight and I am struggling with toddler and nausea,hope it ends soon.makes me feel quite miserable about the whole thing.x
  • Options
    Hello, I too was throwing up so much I couldn't cope. My dr gave me avomine and if that's what you had too then take 1 at night and half off 1 in the afternoon, it stopped me throwing up. It does make you sleepy hence taking it at night but only half in the afternoon is not too bad. My me also recommended it. Best of luck.
  • Options
    Got buccastem and it seems to be helping a bit,mfingers crossed.x
  • Options

I've just been having bland things when I feel a bit dodgy. Philly on white bread seems to do the trick....I hope you are all feeling a bit better?

• Options

I have terrible sickness too, been diagnosed with hyperemesis and was in hospital last week on a drip because I was so deyhdrated.  No tips really I'm afraid, just make sure you go back to your gp and know that you're not on your own image

• Options
    This doesn't seem to be getting any better just feel constantly sick and exhausted! Got midwife today so I am hoping I will get some other suggestions.x