Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jul 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

16 week appt with midwife today

I had my 16 week appointment with the midwife today. Heard the babies heart beat which was lovely to hear. I forgot to talk to her about getting that matb1 form and also the form for free prescriptions etc. has anyone else received these forms from the midwife yet. Maybe it's a bit early but I am sure I got them at my 16 week appt with my son.

Replies

• Options
    Hiya,

Bet it was great hearing the heartbeat! image

On my booking in appointment at 8 weeks i filled in a form and received my free precription card in the post a few weeks ago.

Haven't got MATB1 form yet but think you get in soon.

Ask your MW about the free precription thing as you should already have it.

Glad all went well at the appointment.

Xxx
  • Options
    It was lovely hearing the heart beat and apparently the baby kicked at the same time. I have googled about Matb1 form. The midwife will not complete form until after 20 weeks. with my son

I remember filling out the form for free prescription really early on. I will ask next time I see the midwife although that's not til 28 weeks! I think my current exemption card runs out at beginning of april so I am ok til then.

Have u heard the heartbeat yet ?

Xx
  • Options
    I signed the form for my exemption at 8 weeks and got the card shortly after. MATB1 is normally done at your first appointment after 20 weeks. You normally use that to prove entitlement to SMP etc at work.
  • Options
    Like the other ladies I filled in my exemption card at the booking in appointment. You can't get your MATB1 form until after 20 weeks