Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jul 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Round ligament pain?

Hi ladies,

For at least two weeks now, I have felt like someone has kicked me in my groin area & am in quite a bit of discomfort with it. The pain gets worse throughout the day & it can be difficult to climb stairs, (particularly after a busy day at work) or cross my legs when I'm sitting down. I didn't have this with ds1 & the only thing I can find (through Google.....) is round ligament pain.

I just wondered if anyone else has experienced or is experiencing anything similar & might be able to offer some help/reassurance?

Other than that, I am starting to feel more little movements & it's just lovely! How are we all doing? I guess our 20 week scans are now happening about now? Mine's in 3 weeks & can't wait image

Hope we're all well,

Dx

Replies

• Options
    It sounds more like it could be SPD which is pain in the pelvic gurdle. http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/physicalhealth/pelvicpain/ the link says it's worse going up stairs.

Perhaps visit your gp for a diagnosis. I would also avoid crossing your legs as it strains your hips and pelvis when pregnant. We have preventative physio sessions and they tell you to avoid crossing your legs and to put a pillow between knees at night to keep hips level.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice Bebedeux. I already sleep with the pillow between the knees as I've felt the need to do that from early on. I'll see how I get on this week & go to my gp if it's no better. We're on 1/2 term this week, so won't be at work & a rest might do me the world of good - well, as much rest as you can have with an active 2 year old!

Thank you for the link & for your reply,

Dx
  • Options
    I hope it gets better with some rest as it could just be everything stretching and growing. I know what you mean about getting test with a toddler. My 20 month old is really good but she's still a little whirldwind!

Xx
  • Options
    Hi Bebedeux,

I rang the midwife who says she'd like to rule out a water infection first, so need to drop a sample in this afternoon. I don't think this feels like a water infection, but then again I am prone to things like that so I suppose it's better to rule that out first. She did mention spd and that if the sample came back negative, this would be the most likely issue which would involve some physio - all of which was rather reassuring!

Thank you again for your help image - not sure if I would have called the midwife if you hadn't helped, I'd have probably struggled on.....usual thing!

Will let you know what happens,

Dx
  • Options
    Hiya,

Hope all comes back well, sorry to hear your having this discomfort but always best to get it checked out.

I've had mild stretching pains which freaks me out but I'm getting used to them now and they aren't causing me any real pain / discomfort so I really feel for you and hope you feel much better soon image

I'm not feeling any movement yet image MW thinks I may have a anterior placenta do this will delay things for me image

Let us all know how it goes Hun, sending you hugs!

Xxx
  • Options
    Well it turns out I do have a water infection, although my prescription was sent to the wrong place - the midwife's office instead of the Drs (where it usually goes) so I was told that I didn't have an infection by the Drs reception, but then when I double-checked with the midwife, I did. Then I got the prescription it was for Amoxicillin which I am resistant too so I am now on my emergency cefalexin stash that the Dr gave me a while back (in case of such emergencies as I have rather ropey kidneys - long story!). Feeling a bit frustrated really, as usually the Docs is very good. Will see if this helps with the pain & go back if not.

Am relieved to be on the tablets though & other than that & this odd pelvis pain, am feeling quite good at the moment!

How are we all doing?

Dx