Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jul 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Buggies?????

Need help!

I'm going buggy mad! I would like a new travel system for this baby. When i say new, i think it may have to be second hand (e-bay)as we can't afford the ones i've looked at new.

I want one where you can just clip the car seat into the frame and then the seat part later on. I want it to be easy to open up, like with the pneumatic opening system. So i have looked at bugaboo cameleon and the quinny buzz. Are there any others, and which one do you think is the best? They are going on e bay for about 200-300 pounds, which is good when bugaboo retails up to 900 pounds new!

thanks! xxx

Replies

• Options
    I would not recommend buying the bugaboo off line at those prices as it is highly likely to be an import ripoff from Asia - which you'll then find no accessories will fit and they are apparently not up to uk safety standards

There has apparently been a influx of these
  • Options
    i've been looking at second hand ones in a local radius, so i think they should be ones from the UK. thanks for the warning though! x
  • Options
    Hi, we have the bugaboo bee plus and I mostly used it with the maxi cosi car seat for the first 6 months. Babies tend to nod off everytime they go in the car or pushchair so it's really handy to just clip them on and off. I think the chameleon is very good too and has a carry cot whereas the bee lies flat and you add the cocoon. As we had a summer baby we never used the cocoon much.

We need to sell ours at some point as we now need a double. That's something I didnt think about first time. If you buy a phil n teds or the iCandy peach it can be converted to a double which you will need if you are planning a second before baby one is three
  • Options
    We currently have the mamas and papas sola. You can clip on either the maxi cosi car seat or mamas and papas own car seat. We have loved it so far. We are like bebedeux and need to sell the sola and buy a double. Again didn't even enter my mind that we would need a double when we bought the sola. Thinking we will go for either the baby jogger city select or iCandy peach blossom. Just can not decide
  • Options
    i'm on baby number 3 already, not sure i'll be having any more! ha ha DD2 is already 3 and out of her buggy luckily so don't need a double.

thanks for the info!
  • Options
    We have the M&P Ultima and that's been great so far. Also have a cheap stroller (O'Baby Atlas) that we take on holidays and to nursery (don't wanna leave my nice pram there just in case image).

We'll only be buying a buggy board as my son will be over 2 by then and we already have a baby carrier (Baby Bjorn Active) and a trike so all in all should be ok to leave the house for trips into town etc!

• Options
    ive been thinking of getting the quinny buzz, that could change on weds, as im going to a mothercare event hopefully and it will be good to see prams there xx
  • Options
    I think the candy peach is a good option as it adapts to become the peach blossom if you need a double. I think we may go for that or the phil and teds promenade. I've heard that little ones can outgrow the peach quite early so would need to check if DD fits comfortably but I like that you can have a carry cot or car seat on the back and the toddler front facing
  • Options
    Hello - I'm new, but thought I'd offer my recommendation. I have the iCandy Cherry which sounds like it could be up your street based on what you've said - it's seat cllips into place as does the car seat (you have to buy the car seat and adapters separately) but it's very very straightforward and easy to use. The stroller is light and folds easily - plus the seat can be parent and forward facing. It's not too pricey either so I'm sure there are some great deals about second hand online. I'd be careful buying off of ebay though - I was sold a faulty travel cot on ebay -_-

Anyways - I love mine and have only good to say about it so if you have any questions... image